PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning powder tubes

jsw3397
10-13-2010, 07:36 AM
How does everyone clean their powder tubes? I have tried a couple ways and I am not satisfied with what I have done.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Lou Lou Lou
10-13-2010, 07:53 AM
If you are talking about the Cap Plug tubes, I save them all up and dump them into the washing machine at the end of the year. Some folks recommend using mesh lingerie bags to keep them in one place. You can air dry them in the dryer

Wayne Shaw, 1985V
10-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Yea like LOU said I just use the mesh bag, but I air dry after shaking them around in the bag several times. Been doing it for many years, work great. Just remember to wipe out Mom's washer when your done!!! Wayne Shaw Harlan's Light Cav

Walt Magee
10-13-2010, 08:36 AM
I put them in
a laundry detergent bottle with water and dawn dish liquid on the way back from the skirmish the boucing around in the back of the truck does a great job. When i get home I rinse them and throw them on some paper towels and let them dry for a day or two.
Walt

Ken Hansgen, 11094
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I use the washing machine method and a mesh bag too. But not every time--other times I just wipe them. I'm using the black neoprene tubes and after air drying, to prevent the powder sticking inside them. I shake them (while still in the mesh bag) in a large can with a handful of corn starch.