PDA

View Full Version : Wolff Springs for Pietta Remington

RangerFrog
10-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know of a vendor, preferably in the mid-Atlantic area of the country, who stocks Wolff spring kits? I specifically need one for my Pietta Remington !858 revolver. Does such a kit even exist? Do I have to adapt some generic springs from Wolff or perhaps some other source?

After shooting the Bedford for two days with my box-stock revolver, it and I am ready for some Winter-time improvements before next season.

TIA ~ Froggie

Southron Sr.
10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
First of all, Wolff Springs have a website with their full catalog is on-line.

I orderd some springs from them for a Colt Peacemaker and after I installed them, it made a "world of difference" improving the pistol's trigger pull and action.

When my springs came in, they also sent me one of their catalogs, listing the springs they stock. I didn't see any springs for a repro New Model 1858 Remington Revolver listed in their catalog, so I wrote them a nice letter suggesting that they start making springs for the repro Remington revolvers because there is a strong demand for them. They never even replied back to my letter.

I haven't checked their on-line catalog recently, so they might be making springs for repro Remington revolvers now; but I doubt it.

There is always the possibility that you could send them the old springs from your repro Remington and inquire if they have any springs that could be installed in your Remington. I think that there is a good chance some springs for a modern revolver might just fit. The trick would be to find the ones that did fit!

Also, I would highly recommend that if you can get a trigger/cylinder lock bolt, "Music Wire" spring for your Remington, do that as the music wire springs are much better than the old style flat springs. For one thing, they don't break.

Perhaps someone on this BB might know what Wolff Springs for modern revolvers can be substitued and used on your 1858 Remington Repro. If they could post that information, I would be grateful because I sure would like to order a set. I have a repro Remington that certainly could use a "spring job."

GOOD LUCK!

Southron Sr.
10-20-2008, 03:22 PM
First of all, Wolff Springs have a website with their full catalog is on-line.

I orderd some springs from them for a Colt Peacemaker and after I installed them, it made a "world of difference" improving the pistol's trigger pull and action.

When my springs came in, they also sent me one of their catalogs, listing the springs they stock. I didn't see any springs for a repro New Model 1858 Remington Revolver listed in their catalog, so I wrote them a nice letter suggesting that they start making springs for the repro Remington revolvers because there is a strong demand for them. They never even replied back to my letter.

I haven't checked their on-line catalog recently, so they might be making springs for repro Remington revolvers now; but I doubt it.

There is always the possibility that you could send them the old springs from your repro Remington and inquire if they have any springs that could be installed in your Remington. I think that there is a good chance some springs for a modern revolver might just fit. The trick would be to find the ones that did fit!

Also, I would highly recommend that if you can get a trigger/cylinder lock bolt, "Music Wire" spring for your Remington, do that as the music wire springs are much better than the old style flat springs. For one thing, they don't break.

Perhaps someone on this BB might know what Wolff Springs for modern revolvers can be substitued and used on your 1858 Remington Repro. If they could post that information, I would be grateful because I sure would like to order a set. I have a repro Remington that certainly could use a "spring job."

GOOD LUCK!

RangerFrog
10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I have been to the Wolff website, and it was pretty uninformative. At the same time I was posting here, I was making an inquiry of Wolff via their website address. Their response was basically, "We don't know." They do not make a specific spring for the 1858 Remington, but said that one they made for a Colt C&B revolver would fit an 1851 Remington(??) At this point I am thinking I would be best served by ordering replacement ("stock") springs from the likes of Dixie or S&S to have on hand as I just try to modify the original springs myself. Thanks, Southron, Sr, and any further info from whatever source would be most appreciated. What gauge of piano wire seems to be the best choice for making the trigger/cylinder lock bolt spring? Any more contributors??

Froggie

Southron Sr.
10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know what size music wire spring stock Wolff uses to make their trigger/ cylinder lock bolt springs.

If they say that their C & B Colt springs will fit, then order one and see if it does-if it dosen't you can always send it back.

While you are ordering springs, order a few "hand and spring" parts for your 1858 from DWG. If that little flat spring on your repro Remington hasn't broke, it will one day. So it is handy to have a replacement for when that happens. BE aware that when you replace that part, you might have to do a little filing on the hand to get it to perfectly "time" your revolver's cylinder.

GOOD LUCK

P.S. If you do order some of those Colt springs for your Remington AND IF THEY FIT, please let us know on the BB here! THANKS