PDA

View Full Version : FS once fired lead shot

tony 1st regt
09-23-2010, 07:11 PM
I have a bunch of once used lead shot. I was informed and did some research that it could contain up to 2% Arsnic, so melting it is not recommended. Would work good to reload shotshells or to be used in that old muzzle loader shotgun. Again I do not recommend melting it, but if you want it for weight bags to hold your scope base down, for your "Lead sled" or other such things , it would be a inexpensive alternative.

Packed in 50# boxes @ 35.00 a box delivered to the fort at nationals, can bring about 10 boxes, anyone interested? 1st to respond to my email by time stamp, get them.. tmorisco@swva.net Put lead for sale in subject line. I am leaving for the fort on Monday..

tony, 1st regt engr revised Friday..

efritz
09-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Tony,

Beware. I once came across a whole skid of lead shot in bags and on those bags was a clear warning to not melt the lead shot as it contains arsnic. For what reason I don't know but I didn't need one to heed the warning.

tony 1st regt
09-24-2010, 09:07 AM
I was not aware of this. I looked it up and it is in shot in about 2% quantity, so because of this I am revising my post. It will be sold for shotshells only with a disclaimer about melting it..