PDA

View Full Version : maynard model 1 nipple

hp gregory, 9128
09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
i was recently talking to bob gorsky while at the fort. we somehow got on the subject of model one nipples for romanos that take musket caps. bob said he had made a couple for himself. he had tried them in stainless steel and berilium. (not sure of the spelling) he had a spare berilium nipple with him and was kind enough to let me purchase it from him at a very fair price. when i installed it in my gun i found that the dimensions were dead on. it was a nice tight slide fit going into the gun. the flash hole lined up well. when i tried a cap on the nipple i found that it fit exactly the way you would want it to. not to loose but not to tight either. after putting a few hundred rounds through the gun over a period of time i could see no wear or mushrooming evident. i have to give bob the highest marks on making these. they are as close to perfect as you can get. if any of you need a nipple for your romano maynard hunt bob down at the nationals. he may just have a spare that he can let you have. its not like you can run out to walmart and get one if you need it.

hp gregory

RangerFrog
10-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Does Bob sell these by mail or some other such means? I was busy fixing my other gun problems at the Nationals this weekend and didn't have time to try and track him down. :cry:

Froggie

Bob Gorsky 10483
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Charlie, model 1 nipples, I do sell them by mail, gorsbob@aol.com listed on wanted for sale items, Bob