PDA

View Full Version : Need Stuff to Get Started

pittguy12
09-19-2010, 01:47 PM
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13141&p=51174#p51174 (http://n-ssa.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13141&p=51174#p51174)

Six months later and I looking to make this Fall's nationals my first skirmish. In the mean time, I am trying to track down the equipment I will need. I know there will be good Sutler's at nationals but I am hoping to find some good deals on used stuff maybe someone has lying around...

So, looking for quality used...
Gray Kepi
Cartridge Box
CS Belt Buckle
Cartridge Belt
Bayonet
Other entry level items

I don't need the greatest condition but something that isn't falling apart is appreciated. I would also like to see pictures if possible. PM or email me if you have anything in mind.

Thanks for your help getting me into it.

S.Sullivan
09-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Try eBay under Civil War-Reenactment. You will have a loyt of looking to do, and some of their stuff is reasonable in both price and quality. Some junk as well, but read carefully and jump in.
S.Sullivan

DAVE FRANCE
09-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Pittguy,

I have old leather gear and brass I used to use. Send me your email address so we can discuss getting together at the Fall Nationals if you are going.

I will let you have some of that stuff for nothing. I don't want to go to the trouble of selling it, since it isn't worth much.

David

dave-france@live.com

Jack C., 69th NY
09-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Dave,
Good man helping out a new member! I am sure most of us have "stuff" that could be used by new recruits. Perhaps we could start a "goodie dump" just for such purposes.
Jack

pittguy12
09-20-2010, 08:57 PM
David, thank you...sending you a PM with my email address. Thanks to all....

A way of getting new recruits some gear would be a good idea, I can tell you that it is a little intimidating navigating all of the stuff out there.

Bruce Cobb 1723V
09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Don,t forget to see Yecks Antiques at the fort during the nationals, We resell lots of used gear for our members.

pittguy12
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I will keep an eye out for them. Thanks for the heads up.

ken stiles 0526V
09-21-2010, 09:13 PM
pittguy;

see me at nationals and i'll give you what i have... kepi, over the shoulder cartridge box, and some other items.

cost is a few beers [preferably bottled and imported]

pittguy12
09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Ken, thank you! I'll be getting up there around lunch time on Friday. Where is the best place to find you?

Bruce Cobb 1723V
09-23-2010, 11:51 AM
What a great idea Jack has. I'll volunteer an area in my sutler store "Yecks Antiques"

Paul Lampman 263V
09-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Bruce
You've got a great idea. To add to it, I would be willing to store whatever comes in between Nationals as I am at most shoots at the Fort during the year. We have a bunk house and I can find room to store and be able to pass out equipment at regionals. Our campsite is located close to the sutler area. The only thing I would ask is that donators put their name and unit on the equipment/clothing so that a new comer could express their appreciation. A great way to start a new friendship on the line. I'll catch up with you next week.

Paul Lampman
Cockade Rifles

shefflersmcclellansaddles
09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I have a number of these used items. I am in building space A8 at the Nationals. I buy and sell cavalry saddles but often pick up other items in trades. I sell these non cavalry items with a very low profit. I will be set up at the National on Friday and Saturday 9 am to 5 pm. Samuel Sheffler (Shefflers Mcclellan Saddles)