PDA

View Full Version : 1851 Colt Navy Sheriff revolver

brgreen
09-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Greetings to all:

I haven't seen any threads on this revolver on the BB and my question is why is the Colt Navy Sheriff revolver not allowed by the SAC for competition?

Bryan Green
3rd Alabama Infantry

John Holland
09-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Hello Bryan,

Please tell us why the revolver in question should be allowed for use in the N-SSA's competitive matches.

Also, please do not be offended at the above statement. The Small Arms Committee is made up of volunteers who donate their personal time to the N-SSA. We have neither the time, nor the resources, to hunt out things that are currently manufactured to see if they are acceptable for a Production Approval by the Board of Directors, or not. If anyone has a manufactured arm that they think should be granted Production Approval for use in the N-SSA's competitive matches they are more than welcome to present the arm, and all corresponding documentation to make the case for approval, to the Small Arms Committee. At that time the arm will be inspected for originality, all documentation will be reviewed, and if all is in order the arm will then be presented to the N-SSA's Board of Directors at a regularly scheduled Board meeting for them to either accept or reject the proposal.

Thank you for asking.

Sincerely,
John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee

brgreen
09-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Mr. Holland:

Thank you very much for the informative reply. No offensive taken, I was just inquiring on why the revolver was not on the approved list. I will do some homework and present the revolver and documentation to the SAC for their consideration.

Bryan Green
3rd Alabama Infantry

John Holland
09-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Bryan,

Please feel free to stop by the Small Arms office during the upcoming Fall National and see what we do, or just to visit with us. We will be open to the public 9/30, 9/31, and 10/01 from 0900 to 1100 each day. You are more than welcome to bring your revolver along to discuss it with us if you wish to do so. The criteria for arms approval is listed in Section 14 of the N-SSA's Rules, available through a link on the homepage.

Hope to see you soon,
John