PDA

View Full Version : Caps?

mb3
08-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Well I am getting closer to pulling the trigger but had another question. What size caps do I use with a Armi Sports CS Richmond in .58 cal. I have seen both #10 and #11 Percussion Caps. What is the difference and any recomendations on which would be better?

Lee Hoffecker
08-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Sir:
On an Armi Sport CS Richmond you would want to use Musket Caps! The caps you list are normally used on Revolvers. You could use the #10 & 11 if you change the nipple which is available from the sutlers.
Lee

mb3
08-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Lee,
Thank you for the info. That makes sense, I did not know there was a difference between pistol and rifle caps. I will get some musket caps.

Eggman
08-27-2010, 10:59 AM
To reinforce some of the comments from the other string, I think it would be most valuable and would avoid a lot of frustration if you were to hook up with an experienced musket shooter as you become acclimized to your new gun. If you cannot hook up with an N-SSA person right away you might get hold of your Florida NMLRA field rep via the NMLRA website to locate someone, possibly in your hometown. I truly think a mentor is most essential as you start out with these black powder guns.

mb3
08-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Eggman,
Thank you for the advice. I emailed Treasure Coast Muzzleloaders
Club. They are about 30 min north of me. I will get information from them and see where it leads me.
MB