PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Calvary Cut Trousers

Keith Williams
04-25-2024, 03:21 PM
I have not found a supplier actually carrying Cavalry trousers for sale (dark blue Union)...plenty of infantry and civilian wares. I do have the pattern for home made efforts...however, I am not a tailor. I am testing the waters to see if I missed a place.

Yes, I have a local seamstress.

We lost another one, The Quartermaster Shop in Kimball, MI.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

"Lead the way Texas...succession is the righteous alternative." - Me, Myself, and I!

CAGerringer
04-26-2024, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Keith Williams;98708]I have not found a supplier actually carrying Cavalry trousers for sale (dark blue Union)...

Keith,
C&C Sutlery has Union Mounted trousers in Navy and Sky blue.
Respectfully,
Charlie Gerringer
Old Dominion Dragoons

Keith Williams
04-27-2024, 03:07 PM
Thanks Charlie.

I already contacted Chad at C&C Sutlery, yes they can. Fall Creek also, unfortunately their cost is a car payment...we are N-SSA, I do not care about stitch count...yes too authenticity looking though.

The third option I am brewing upon, is to buy dark blue infantry trousers and insert the Cavalry seat into them. This may be an easier option as the trousers are already made...I don't know, as I said I am not a tailor. I have to review my patterns...or contact my seamstress.

Thanks for the input, take care.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

Keith Williams
04-27-2024, 03:26 PM
Thanks Lou for the PM, I did check C&D Jarnagin.

I believe C&C will be the best option, as I bought the majority of my uniform through them. I was impressed with their clothing ware...not to mention that Chad and Jeff were very-very helpful with color, style, and sizing questions etc. Moreover, their pricing is good.

As I stated in Charlie's reply, the option of adding the Cavalry seat into existing trousers may be the way to go.

Lastly, my seamstress only charged me $120 for my last pair she made...I supplied the pattern, cloth, buttons, and threading for the project.

Take care.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

David Kennard 12146
04-29-2024, 10:04 AM
Try blockaderunner.com.

Keith Williams
04-30-2024, 01:18 PM
Thanks Dave for the information, Blockade Runner has some good stuff.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav