PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Carbine rules

apriestley
02-09-2024, 06:12 PM
I'll admit it, I'm probably the worst henry shooter in the history of Henry shooters. Can't think of another rifle I've ever handled that felt as awkward and unbalanced as the henry does. With that, I have been thinking of switching to a spencer carbine (if .56-50 ever comes back again) but want to make sure I understand the rules first. The rulebook says that spencer squads are only judged against other spencer squads. Does this mean you cannot run a mixed squad of spencer and henrys? If that is legal, can you use either a spencer rifle or carbine for the main breachloader team event?

Lou Lou Lou
02-09-2024, 07:12 PM
My limited understanding is you can use a Spencer in the Henry match but not vice versa.
Spencer has a separate match because of magazine capacity

Joe Plakis, 9575V
02-12-2024, 10:46 PM
The Answer to this is kinda complex but simplistic when you think about it. All of this can be found in Section 8, BR/C2 Company Matches.

8.1.1 SINGLE-SHOT BR/C2 COMPANIES

a. The national skirmish breechloading rifle/carbine II company matches shall include a separate class for single-shot breechloading rifle/carbine II companies (Class SS).
b. All members of a single-shot company must fire single-shot firearms. Their times shall be ranked only against other single-shot companies.

8.1.2 SPENCER COMPANIES (added 08/2013)

a. The national skirmish breechloading rifle/carbine II company matches shall include a separate class for Spencer firearms.
b. All members of a Spencer company must fire Spencer firearms.
c. Their times shall be ranked only against other Spencer companies.
d. Targets shall be the same as for other non-SS BR/C2 companies.

Now is when it gets fun to understand.
If you want to shoot your Spencer or Single Shot Ballard on a Henry Repeater Team..... There is no rule against it.... You are just fighting an uphill battle.