PDA

View Full Version : Revolver accurizing

g smitty 45
02-04-2024, 03:59 PM
Looking for suggestions on who does accurizing on new mod remmigtons
Tks Garry

sfoster
02-04-2024, 08:33 PM
Charlie Hahn has done that in the past, but I do not know if he still does it.

TCLewis
02-05-2024, 03:10 PM
Looking for suggestions on who does accurizing on new mod Remington's
Tks Garry

Hi,

I believe Ball Accuracy might still be in business by his son but I cannot seem to locate a website. There are a few gunsmiths in the organization that will do some work for you like reaming the forcing cone to proper degree, reaming cylinders, barrel work, and trigger jobs. I know Bob Gorsky has done some of that for a revolver of mine and I'd bet another one or two on here would as well. Bobby Hoyt can also help with barrel work.

I've been debating about buying to tools to start offering accurizing with my gun business but I cannot tell if it will be worth the investment.

I hoped this helped point you in the right direction.

g smitty 45
02-05-2024, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info

edrutecki
02-05-2024, 05:57 PM
Probably want to avoid Ball Accuracy. There were some issues in the past. Don't even know if he is still in business. Charlie Hahn would be a good one to contact. Tri-L still has a booth at the Nationals. Not sure if he is still doing work. I had heard he had some health issues but that was 2 years ago or so. Already tuned guns do turn up in the buy/sell from time to time. There are two very good Ball Accuracy guns on there now. Not sure if they are spoken for or not. Best of luck in your quest!

Ron The Old Reb
02-05-2024, 09:24 PM
Tom Ball was killed in an automobile accident in 1999. His wife sold all his equipment that he acterized the pistols with and as far as I know Tom Jr, never took it up.

Maillemaker
02-05-2024, 10:53 PM
Tom Ball Jr. did try to take up the business but failed to make a go of it.

Mark Hubbs of Eras Gone Bullet Molds sent his and my revolver to Charlie Hahn and he did a quick turnaround of accurizing the gun. I still haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though!

Steve

ChrisWBR
02-10-2024, 09:08 AM
Rob Lewis of Tril-L is still doing work. His wife takes in the revolvers at the Nationals or you can send them to him. He did have some health issues but is still doing accurizing.

Probably want to avoid Ball Accuracy. There were some issues in the past. Don't even know if he is still in business. Charlie Hahn would be a good one to contact. Tri-L still has a booth at the Nationals. Not sure if he is still doing work. I had heard he had some health issues but that was 2 years ago or so. Already tuned guns do turn up in the buy/sell from time to time. There are two very good Ball Accuracy guns on there now. Not sure if they are spoken for or not. Best of luck in your quest!

JimW
02-13-2024, 08:50 AM
Joe Fisher took over Ball Accuracy - and he has crossed over the river.

Hi,

I believe Ball Accuracy might still be in business by his son but I cannot seem to locate a website. There are a few gunsmiths in the organization that will do some work for you like reaming the forcing cone to proper degree, reaming cylinders, barrel work, and trigger jobs. I know Bob Gorsky has done some of that for a revolver of mine and I'd bet another one or two on here would as well. Bobby Hoyt can also help with barrel work.

I've been debating about buying to tools to start offering accurizing with my gun business but I cannot tell if it will be worth the investment.

I hoped this helped point you in the right direction.

Keith Williams
02-14-2024, 02:04 PM
Steve - Mark, what was the ball-park price for accurizing from Charlie? I will contact him for updated price when I am ready for the commitment.

Thanks,

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

Maillemaker
02-14-2024, 04:39 PM
Mark graciously footed the bill, so you'll have to wait until he sees this.

John.Hayes
02-14-2024, 10:29 PM
Never give Steve your credit card number......... jh

Maillemaker
02-15-2024, 12:28 PM
Send the bill to Mr. Underhill. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-ntNE3b2c

PoorJack
02-15-2024, 01:25 PM
Send the bill to Mr. Underhill. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-ntNE3b2c

I was wondering about postage to Bag End, The Shire

JimW
02-16-2024, 11:42 AM
The last time I talked to Charlie Hahn, he was having some "Health issues" and was not taking any more work - hopefully he has recovered.

Mike McDaniel
03-04-2024, 10:51 PM
The other option would be either a Pedersoli Remington, or a Pietta Shooter's Model. Both are made to a higher standard than the usual run of Italian repros.