PDA

View Full Version : Interchangeable lock parts

Charlie White
01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
I have a Euroarms 3 band Enfield and looking for lock replacement parts mainspring,tumbler,sear and sear spring. I have checked on the website of S&S,Dixie,VTI,Lodgewood and a couple others and not finding much at all but I?m finding some Armisport Enfield parts. My question is will Armisport lock parts work with maybe some modifications? I read somewhere that a guy posted that the mainspring would and maybe the sear. Is there any interchangeable parts for the Euroarms or is that all that will work on them is Euroarms ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Charlie

Maillemaker
01-30-2024, 01:24 PM
At one point I replaced the tumbler and sear in my Euroarms P53 with aftermarket pieces from Lodgewood. I don't know if they still carry them or not.

edrutecki
01-30-2024, 07:34 PM
The tumblers from Lodgewood disappeared I guess around 7 or so years ago. I did have success using Pedersoli parts from VTI. Pedersoli took over Euroarms when they went belly up. I think it was 2016 when I bought these parts and it took 2-3 months to get them. A word of caution, Pedersoli changed the thread pitch on there parts. If you replace the tumbler, you will also need a hammer screw. I'm pretty sure I bought a new hammer too. I also changed the sear and sear spring and everything dropped right in. The upgraded lock now has a positive tight feel to it. The Euroarms stuff always felt mushy and loose. Been shooting this repaired lock since 2016 with no problems. Best of luck in your quest!

Keith Williams
01-30-2024, 10:55 PM
Charlie, contact Charlie Hahn he may have parts or be able to help you out.

Good luck.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

remington1858
01-31-2024, 12:12 AM
Gents,

I sent word to Pedersoli about the interchangeability between euroarms and Pedersoli gun lines. Give me a few days for a response. We are all recouping from the shot show and some are still traveling. IFG in Amarillo can get current production parts but that will only help if the parts are the same. From experience I have used a current production tumbler in a euroarms enfield but I haven?t tried screws or barrel bands and other stuff.

Get back with you soon,
Wes

I have a Euroarms 3 band Enfield and looking for lock replacement parts mainspring,tumbler,sear and sear spring. I have checked on the website of S&S,Dixie,VTI,Lodgewood and a couple others and not finding much at all but I?m finding some Armisport Enfield parts. My question is will Armisport lock parts work with maybe some modifications? I read somewhere that a guy posted that the mainspring would and maybe the sear. Is there any interchangeable parts for the Euroarms or is that all that will work on them is Euroarms ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Charlie

Maillemaker
01-31-2024, 09:21 AM
The tumblers from Lodgewood disappeared I guess around 7 or so years ago. I did have success using Pedersoli parts from VTI. Pedersoli took over Euroarms when they went belly up. I think it was 2016 when I bought these parts and it took 2-3 months to get them. A word of caution, Pedersoli changed the thread pitch on there parts. If you replace the tumbler, you will also need a hammer screw. I'm pretty sure I bought a new hammer too. I also changed the sear and sear spring and everything dropped right in. The upgraded lock now has a positive tight feel to it. The Euroarms stuff always felt mushy and loose. Been shooting this repaired lock since 2016 with no problems. Best of luck in your quest!

That is great information!

I have both a Pedersoli P1858 and a Euroarms P1853. I can try an internals-swap and see how they do.

I have been generally impressed with Pedersoli lock internals (particularly springs) and so I am not surprised you find them superior in your lock.

Steve

Charlie White
01-31-2024, 10:03 AM
At one point I replaced the tumbler and sear in my Euroarms P53 with aftermarket pieces from Lodgewood. I don't know if they still carry them or not.

ok Thanks for your help

Charlie White
01-31-2024, 10:06 AM

Thanks for your help and the helpful information

Charlie White
01-31-2024, 10:08 AM
Charlie, contact Charlie Hahn he may have parts or be able to help you out.

Good luck.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

Thanks I will try to reach out to him

Charlie White
01-31-2024, 10:12 AM
That is great information!

I have both a Pedersoli P1858 and a Euroarms P1853. I can try an internals-swap and see how they do.

I have been generally impressed with Pedersoli lock internals (particularly springs) and so I am not surprised you find them superior in your lock.

Steve

Hey Steve if you do swap the internals out and if it works that would be great and good information to have.

Charlie White
01-31-2024, 10:14 AM
Gents,

I sent word to Pedersoli about the interchangeability between euroarms and Pedersoli gun lines. Give me a few days for a response. We are all recouping from the shot show and some are still traveling. IFG in Amarillo can get current production parts but that will only help if the parts are the same. From experience I have used a current production tumbler in a euroarms enfield but I haven?t tried screws or barrel bands and other stuff.

Get back with you soon,
Wes

Thanks for the info and please keep me updated on what you find out

remington1858
02-01-2024, 11:50 AM
Gents,

Get back with you soon,
Wes

update: most current production Pedersoli parts will interchange or be close enough to modify for use with Euroarms muskets. The only exception was the screws. Some have changed thread pitch so they were going to check on their ability to interchange.

Maillemaker
02-01-2024, 03:28 PM
update: most current production Pedersoli parts will interchange or be close enough to modify for use with Euroarms muskets. The only exception was the screws. Some have changed thread pitch so they were going to check on their ability to interchange.

Thanks for the update. I'm going to try a parts swap this weekend.

Steve