PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Original 1842 ramrod and bayonet

TCLewis
01-22-2024, 09:36 AM
I'm looking for an original ramrod and bayonet for a 1847 Harpers Ferry .69 smoothbore.

If you have one or know of where to look please let me know.

Occupied Maryland
01-24-2024, 08:49 PM
I'm looking for an original ramrod and bayonet for a 1847 Harpers Ferry .69 smoothbore.

If you have one or know of where to look please let me know.
Do you need the whole ramrod or is yours shortened? If shortened you can do what I did, I lengthed my 1842 ramrod using a piece of GI .30 caliber cleaning rod complete with threads by MIG welding. With the weld ground down and artificial aging it's invisible to the naked eye until pointed out. YMMV

TCLewis
01-25-2024, 08:07 AM
Do you need the whole ramrod or is yours shortened? If shortened you can do what I did, I lengthed my 1842 ramrod using a piece of GI .30 caliber cleaning rod complete with threads by MIG welding. With the weld ground down and artificial aging it's invisible to the naked eye until pointed out. YMMV

Unfortunately the whole ram rod. I may have to buy a repro ramrod since all of the originals due to conditions of originals.

Occupied Maryland
01-25-2024, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately the whole ram rod. I may have to buy a repro ramrod since all of the originals due to conditions of originals.

Try asking on this forum, lots of oddball things there, good luck:
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/forums/firearms-for-sale-trade-wanted.92/

John Bly
01-25-2024, 10:35 AM
Ed Knisely usually has a large selection of ramrods at Nationals. Some are all original, some are repaired original and some are repros. You generally have a choice. Shipping a long ramrad is prohibitively expensive these days so waiting until Nationals is a good idea.

TCLewis
01-25-2024, 01:23 PM
Ed Knisely usually has a large selection of ramrods at Nationals. Some are all original, some are repaired original and some are repros. You generally have a choice. Shipping a long ramrad is prohibitively expensive these days so waiting until Nationals is a good idea.

Thank you both for the leads!