PDA

View Full Version : Front Sight Replacement, Does Anyone Remember?

Keith Williams
01-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know who produced the tall costume dovetail front sight units for Bob Hoyt Colt 2 band replacement barrels which he advertised in the 2009 Skirmish Lines? Rich Cross manufactured the Spencer rear sight and base within this advertisement.

The base size is not standard, and I am looking for a couple of replacements...if feasible. Names would be appreciated, I still have the broken base for custom sizing.

Thanks,

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

Keith Williams
01-18-2024, 02:44 PM
Thanks to Charlie Hahn, Pete O'Neil made these front sights...unfortunately, he has passed on.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

marv762
01-21-2024, 04:48 PM
check with s&s give them your base size and see what's close. i used a musket sight that i had to fit to my ballard.

Lou Lou Lou
01-21-2024, 06:42 PM
IIRC Whitaker dovetail sights are larger. Try him

Keith Williams
01-25-2024, 12:30 AM
Thanks Marv and Lou for your reply.

Yes, I contacted Dan Whitacre and obtained a price from him to make one/two...it is one of my few options. I also contacted a few well known individuals within our different regions (we all know them) to see if they perform such duties. Furthermore I contacted Lodgewood, I was informed these large base sights were specially made for Bob and he had installed them on Colt Signature Series models for awhile. I did purchase from S&S, their base was smaller...if the dovetail did not get widen the S&S sight would had fit perfectly...moreover, I originally took off an S&S sight before shipping my barrel for lining.

Basically, in my thread I was searching and hoping for a couple extras...if they existed somewhere?

**I would like to see a video made on making a front sight for Springfield, Colt, or others...I have not found one yet. **

Thank you gentlemen, take care.

Keith A. Williams
15th. Reg VA Vol Cav