PDA

View Full Version : Armisport Sharps clean out screw

mdivancic
08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Help! Need to get hold of a cleanout screw for my wife's Armisport Sharps. The one that came with it was a little buggered up and has gotten a little worse each time we have cleaned the carbine. Who would have it in stock so I could have it rushed? We have a shoot this weekend!

While we are at it where would one get one for a Pedersoli Confederate Sharps as well (might as well get a spare for mine).

snapcap14
08-08-2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.taylorsfirearms.com. taylors should have them in stock but you need to call for some reason they do not list Sharps parts on line. I got parts for mine in the past from them. If you do not have the Armi sport sharps book it is part # 51 breech block clean out screw.
See you next weekend.
CW

Steve Weems
08-08-2010, 10:35 PM
The most common cause of buggered screws on firearms is the use of standard tip screw drivers. The vast majority of firearm screws are designed
with slots for use with hollow ground screw drivers. A number of companies make screw drivers with interchangeable tips made for use in
dismounting firearm screws--a couple that come to mind are Wheeler and Brownells. I'm not trying to preach just trying to help .

Good luck with that Sharps!

mdivancic
08-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks, first place I'm calling tomorrow morning. Better keep about three of these around for each gun. Dixie has the ones for my gun. Apply liberal anti-seize! I wonder what other parts (other than o-rings) I need to keep around for these sharps?

mdivancic
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
The most common cause of buggered screws on firearms is the use of standard tip screw drivers. The vast majority of firearm screws are designed
with slots for use with hollow ground screw drivers. A number of companies make screw drivers with interchangeable tips made for use in
dismounting firearm screws--a couple that come to mind are Wheeler and Brownells. I'm not trying to preach just trying to help .

Good luck with that Sharps!

I actually have a good set of hollow ground screw drivers. The problem we have had with her gun is that the screw goes in easy as can be after cleaning, but is a pain to take out after shooting. Not trying to tighten down on it at all. Need to remove to clean the breach block, so these are critical. Right now her gun is out of commission unless I find a couple I can get in overnight.

mdivancic
08-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Taylor had these in stock. Three on the way! Fun learning about these Sharps.