PDA

View Full Version : Rogers and Spencer Parts

JimW
11-26-2023, 08:39 PM
Are there any Rogers and Spencer Repro revolver parts out there for sale? A friend of mine recently bought a Rogers that belonged to our late team member - Fletcher Pastore. At any rate the gunsmith this friend uses insists that the trigger pull is "too light" and this can be fixed with a replacement trigger and hammer.

So, I said I would look around for the parts. (I'm just the messenger)

Thanks

Fred Jr
11-26-2023, 10:49 PM
I do believe it could be fixed with out that. Maybe check with some one who works more with bp rev. I guess maybe that gunsmith might be familiar with bp revs and I would be completely wrong! many years ago I took one of my bp rifles to a smith and he said it couldn't be fixed. Took it to one of the guys that do work that are in the NSSA and I'm still using it. After about 30 years.

Maillemaker
11-27-2023, 10:30 AM
For irreplaceable parts, you might consider having a machinist make a new part.

Steve

Muley Gil
11-27-2023, 10:55 AM
Some "gunsmiths" are parts changers only. :(

Lou Lou Lou
11-27-2023, 11:55 AM
I believe the N-SSA standard for revolvers is 2 pounds. Has anyone weighed/ tested his trigger?

Don Dixon
11-27-2023, 03:41 PM
The minimum trigger weight for revolver triggers in the N-SSA is two pounds. Fletcher also shot at one time with the U.S. International Muzzleloading Team under Muzzle Loader Associations International Committee (MLIAC) rules which merely require a "safe" trigger. I would weigh the trigger with a set of NRA approved trigger weights - not one of the spring gauge measuring units - before I did anything with the revolver. A properly set up N-SSA trigger would feel light to many people accustomed to shooting modern pistols or revolvers or untuned reproduction revolvers.

Regards,
Don Dixon
2881V