PDA

View Full Version : Musket Sight

Eggman
08-06-2010, 01:59 PM
It was my good fortune sometime back to become affiliated with the Iredell Blues of the Carolina Region. On the way to a recent regional skirmish the front sight of my musket was knocked off, left hanging by a sliver of solder along the left side of the barrel. Disregarding this misfortune, using a corner of the front sight base sticking up as a make-shift front sight, I competed satisfactorily, the Iredell Blues defeating all other Carolina teams handily, as is usual. Since then it came to me that based on the unsurpased skill level demonstrated by the Iredell Blues, and in consideration of the level of competition offered to the Blues by all other Carolina teams, a front sight, or any gun sights for that matter, are simply overkill. Therefore, rather than go to the time and expense of replacing the front sight, I am simply going to sell the rear sight. Please let me know if you're interested.

Gary B
08-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I've said it before ................. "Rear sights are over rated"
But as for the front sight, I think I'll be keepin that one :wink:
More power to ya Eggman !
Gary B.

Wayne Shaw, 1985V
08-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Gary I hope EGGMAN understands that this idea of his will only work in the Carolina region. He should be cautioned that driving north will severly bruise his ego. You are correct that rear sights are overrated!!!! Wayne Shaw Harlans Light Cav