PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 2-band Springfield/Harpers Ferry Style Skirmish-ready Musket

Tim Iannuzzi
10-14-2023, 06:53 PM
I have a Parker-Hale P58 Skirmish musket, but am looking to buy a Springfield/Harpers Ferry 2-band style gun to compare. Needs to be Skirmish-ready with good sights and in good shape. Repro with a good Hoyt or Whitacre barrel would be great. Let me know if you have one you want to sell. I'll be at the Halloween Skirmish.

Allan C.
10-15-2023, 09:29 AM
I have a Parker-Hale P58 Skirmish musket, but am looking to buy a Springfield/Harpers Ferry 2-band style gun to compare. Needs to be Skirmish-ready with good sights and in good shape. Repro with a good Hoyt or Whitacre barrel would be great. Let me know if you have one you want to sell. I'll be at the Halloween Skirmish.

Budget???? - I have two Mississippi's - Originals with Hoyt lined Barrels & long-range sights. 1. Robins & Lawence (with card) $1,800.00 2. Harpers Ferry (no card but will pass) $1,700.00

Tim Iannuzzi
10-15-2023, 01:02 PM
Budget???? - I have two Mississippi's - Originals with Hoyt lined Barrels & long-range sights. 1. Robins & Lawence (with card) $1,800.00 2. Harpers Ferry (no card but will pass) $1,700.00

I'm more looking for a repro gun for this one, but will keeps the Harpers Ferry in mind. Thanks.

Harry Gaul
10-15-2023, 10:34 PM
I have a two band, LY and G musket that may have belong to a skirmisher who may be inactive. LY and G is like a Colt Contract. It is built like an Enfield. The front site has the classic skirmisher paint and has two peep sights, maybe 50 and 100 yards. I just picked it up and like to try it, but if you are interested, I will not shoot it and dirty it up or shoot it and get some idea of its accuracy. The rifling is pristene and is marked with a cartouche of Whitacre(?). I am asking $1300 plus shipping in a hard case. Pictures upon request. Harry in Pa. Forney's03626v

Tim Iannuzzi
10-16-2023, 07:23 AM
I have a two band, LY and G musket that may have belong to a skirmisher who may be inactive. LY and G is like a Colt Contract. It is built like an Enfield. The front site has the classic skirmisher paint and has two peep sights, maybe 50 and 100 yards. I just picked it up and like to try it, but if you are interested, I will not shoot it and dirty it up or shoot it and get some idea of its accuracy. The rifling is pristene and is marked with a cartouche of Whitacre(?). I am asking $1300 plus shipping in a hard case. Pictures upon request. Harry in Pa. Forney's03626v

Thanks. Sounds like a great gun, bit I'm looking for a Springfield vs. Enfield style. Have the Enfield covered with my P-H P58.