PDA

View Full Version : Lots of gun parts for sale

Capnball
09-12-2023, 09:55 PM
Decided it is time to clean the shop out of all the projects I'm not sure I will ever get to. Actual shipping extra, or pick up at my old school blacksmithing shop here in Middle Tennessee. I would love to sell the packages as such, but will consider breaking them up if necessary. I'm not sure how to post pictures on here from my phone, but will happily text or email them.

1. SOLD. 1855 type I R-M project: all parts except lock, lower and middle bands, and band springs. Stock is one of the Numrich stocks, barrel is Italian but was worked over and stamped by Bobby Hoyt. He also turned the outside down to the dimensions of an original barrel. Has Rich Cross Type I 1855 R-M rear sight and oversize front sight installed. $400.

2: SOLD. Mississippi parts lot: original Robbins and Lawrence rifle, sans lock and sporterized. Missing the triggerguard bow, has a hand forged iron one installed. Patchbox, buttplate, tang bolt, trigger, barrel (full length and .54 but bad bore, extra rear sight dovetail, civilian front sight, good enough to be relined I think) lower band and spring all present. Comes with new forend wood, front band, ramrod, most parts for a reproduction lock (hammer has been worked over to look much closer to original, and lockplate could easily be fitted to the lock mortise), and various and extra small parts. Original NOS rear sight. $450

3. SOLD. 1864 dated Trenton M-1861 lock. Complete and in good external shape, but springs are soft from being overheated in a fire. $75.

Odd/second unfired barrels from Dixie Gun Works:

4. SOLD. Parker-Hale England 2-band Enfield rifle barrel. Looks totally fine externally, except that the marking machine seemed to have gone nuts and stamped the markings on the side of the barrel a bunch of times, and the breech markings were ground off. Has a bare rear sight base but no front sight or bayonet lug. $75.

5. SOLD. Unmarked Italian .58 Zouave/Mississippi barrel. Someone banged on the muzzle a bit, but it would clean up just fine. Screw in one piece breech, not a welded bolster. $50.

6. 24" long unmarked Italian "zouave buffalo hunter" .45 caliber barrel. Except for being shorter, this barrel is externally the exact same as a Zouave or Mississippi barrel, but in .45 caliber. Make a fun plinker, or could be lined to .58 and used in a cool musketoon build- JP Murray or similar. $40.

7. SOLD. Pair of Italian Enfield Locks complete with side washers and lock bolts. Went through a fire, so will need heat treating. $20.

John.Hayes
09-13-2023, 12:06 AM
PM sent on Items 1 and 7. jh

Capnball
09-13-2023, 08:13 AM
I have had several responses via PM, will respond in to those in order when it isn't too early to give the first gentleman a call. Items 1 and 7 spoken for.

TCLewis
09-13-2023, 08:39 AM
Hi,

Sending message on 3.

apriestley
09-13-2023, 01:31 PM
Sending PM on #4

Capnball
09-14-2023, 07:39 AM
Items 1, 4, and 7 are sold pending funds, all others are still available.

Capnball
09-14-2023, 09:07 AM
Items 1, 4, and 7 are sold pending funds, all others are still available.

Capnball
09-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Trenton '64 marked M-'61 lock sold pending funds.

Capnball
09-21-2023, 09:52 AM
Mississippi lot and other things still available.

haddockkl
09-27-2023, 08:45 PM
I'll take the Mississippi rifle lot and Zouave barrel, email sent

Capnball
09-29-2023, 08:10 PM
All items are sold EXCEPT the .45 caliber musketoon barrel. Thank you all.