PDA

View Full Version : Yeck's place open at Nationals

John Bly
09-10-2023, 08:32 PM
I'll have Yeck's Place open again this fall at Nationals. I'll have five Mississippi rifles for sale. All are rebuilt originals with repaired and or stretched wood, lined barrels, mostly original parts, ready to go skirmishing with. They are shooter grade, not collector grade. Manufacturers are Harper's Ferry, Robbins & Lawrence, Robins Kendall & Lawrence and Whitney. There are 3 Type E with long range sights, two in 58 caliber and one in 54 caliber. The other 2 are Drake conversions, one in 58 and one in 54. It's too much to describe each one so come look them over. The prices will range from $1400 to about $1900. At least one has a Small Arms card and the others are to the spec sheet and will pass inspection.

I'll be listing other items as we get closer to Nat'ls. I'll be accepting consignments for sale also.

John Bly
09-17-2023, 08:10 PM
I'll have some Maynard barrels for sale at the fall nat'ls. I have two 1st mod barrels that are lined shotgun barrels by Hoyt. I crowned and chambered them. Both will have levers with them. I expect to have three 2nd model barrels. I'm working on them now and expect to have them complete by then. This will be the end of my Maynard barrels as I have no more barrel stubs to make up new barrels. I can still have barrels lined or put new barrels on relic ruined barrels as long as the back 4" is good.

plymouthairrifle
09-18-2023, 09:02 AM
Is Yecks place named for Mike Yeck?

Muley Gil
09-18-2023, 07:45 PM
Is Yecks place named for Mike Yeck?

Yes. My dad bought me my first front stuffer from Mike when Yeck's Place was under a tent. This was at the Fall National 1969.

plymouthairrifle
09-18-2023, 08:13 PM
I live about 15 miles from Mikes old gun shop. My son is now in his forties and I have a photo of him sitting on Mikes Gatling gun at the muzzle loaders festival in Greenfield Village when he was about 4 years old. Mike was a great guy. I loved going to his shop in Dundee. A few years ago I bought one of his Smith carbines from this forum.

John Bly
09-18-2023, 08:37 PM
Yes, It was Mike Yeck's business. Bruce Cobb was a helper of Mikes and kept the booth open after Mike's passing and never changed the name. I helped Bruce out for several years and Bruce has passed away. I've kept the booth open and never changed the name out of respect for both of them.