PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Which Lyman mold handles fit a 575213 mold?

us1863
09-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Looking here and on eBay for a set of handles to fit a 575213 mold. I know I need a set of large handles but sometimes eBay sellers don't know what molds the handles they are selling will fit.

Think Lyman makes small handles for 1 cavity small caliber molds and large handles for 2 cavity small cal and 1 cavity lg cal molds. Lyman does not make 2 cavity large caliber molds. If true, any handles listed as large or double cavity mold handles will fit a Lyman 575213 mold.

paul w/McGregor's 385V
09-18-2008, 09:59 AM
US1863,
RCBS large handles are the best fit for the 575213 moulds.

Take care and be safe
pfb

jonk
02-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Old thread I know, but RCBS handles will be a little loose on a Lyman mold, IF the holes even line up. They are thinner.

Lee handles are a great bargain here. Lighter than the Lyman handles and less tiring to use. But the wooden part does occasionally work loose with the Lee handles... nothing some JB weld can't fix, or a cotter pin.

Ben Nevlezer
02-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Jonk. I believe the Lyman handles you need are listed as LARGE SINGLE / SMALL 2 CAVITY. I wouldn't recommend RCBS handles because the screws may fit but the steel part of the handles will be way to loose in the slots of Lyman mould blocks. And as for Lee... im not sure they would work at all. Lee is a very different class of tool. Kinda like comparing the "made in china" 15 dollar whole wrench set to a single $30 9/16 SNAP ON wrench. The 2 just aren't comparable...............