PDA

View Full Version : H&P Smoothbore Musket with SAC card

Jim Wimbish, 10395
07-10-2023, 04:39 PM
SOLD!

This for sale listing is for an 1826 Springfield smoothbore converted by Hewes and Phillips using the bolster conversion method dated 1862. Iti is unrifled as the barrels on the 1826 were too thin to be rifled. They were left smoothbored and had rear sights added. This gun is in very nice original condition and the bore is mint as you can see from picture with bore light. Many of these guns were never issued as the contractors were turning out enough 3 band 58 caliber guns at this time to supply the army's musket needs. This gun has numerous inspection marks and assembly markings. It was number 18 of a batch of 20 and marked accordingly on the bottom of the added breech, barrel, inside of the lock, and under the front band. Many of the parts in the lock have markings, and there is an inspection mark on the bottom of the trigger bow. All of the metal parts are excellent and wood has only minimal handling marks. Even the original ramrod has an inspection mark. All of the markings are shown in attached pictures. The gun has an SAC card from 2019 and has a 5.5 lb. trigger pull and shoots straight. You can pick this gun up from me in Maryland or make arrangements to meet somewhere. I am near Frederick Md. I only test fired it once as I have another H&P I use for competition. It functioned and shot fine. I use 50 grains of 3f Goex and a .675" Moose round ball in my H&P's. I am asking $1825 for this gun.

cmkruger
07-11-2023, 01:11 PM
PM sent.

Kruger
49th VA

Jim Wimbish, 10395
07-11-2023, 04:56 PM
The 1826 smoothbore is sold.