PDA

View Full Version : Pietta Smith questions.

WCJ
07-07-2023, 05:05 PM
Hello all, does anyone know how the pin on the Pietta Smith carbines rear sight is attached? The one that keeps the slide in place. Is it threaded or friction fit? I'm considering putting a peep slide in place.

Also are there anymore of the wire trigger springs available, or any other form of trigger weight reduction devises that can be had?
Thanks, Walter Jones

Kevin Tinny
07-07-2023, 05:53 PM
Hello:

For the "Hood" coil trigger spring, presuming it fits a Pietta, please search here for Big Grit or search Hood coil for his email. He has them.
Respectfully,
Kevin Tinny

Lou Lou Lou
07-07-2023, 07:06 PM
Several sutlers have a blank slide that can be made into a peep. Just remove exciting slide

Harry Gaul
07-08-2023, 11:06 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the coil spring in place in the Smith Carbine. If so, please up load.

Harry in Pa.
forney's
03626v

Maillemaker
07-09-2023, 10:12 PM
I tried the coil spring replacement and found it did not make much difference in trigger pull.

My daughter's Pietta Smith has dropped down to around 4 pounds now just through use. My son's is still quite high - I'm hoping after another year of skirmishing it lightens up also.

Kevin Tinny
07-09-2023, 11:31 PM
Hello, Harry:

Please check your PM's.

The Hood coil spring, as supplied by Paul Gritmacker, "Big Grit", can have the lower leg lightly bent for pull weight. Just be sure it doesn't ride on the tumbler or weight increases.
All the best.
Kevin Tinny

Keith Williams
07-10-2023, 09:43 PM
Hello all, does anyone know how the pin on the Pietta Smith carbines rear sight is attached? The one that keeps the slide in place. Is it threaded or friction fit? I'm considering putting a peep slide in place.

Also are there anymore of the wire trigger springs available, or any other form of trigger weight reduction devises that can be had?
Thanks, Walter Jones

Tap out to the left with a brass punch.

Keith A. Williams
15th VA Reg Vol Cav

CAGerringer
07-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Tap out to the left with a brass punch.

Keith A. Williams
15th VA Reg Vol Cav

To the left looking at the muzzle, or looking at the butt?
Just making sure.
Respectfully,
Charlie Gerringer
Old Dominion Dragoons

Keith Williams
07-25-2023, 09:41 PM
To the left looking at the muzzle, or looking at the butt?
Just making sure.
Respectfully,
Charlie Gerringer
Old Dominion Dragoons

Sorry, I did not respond earlier I did not expect a reply back...from the rear. Just to double check...you are talking about the round object-being a pin or a screw holding both the slide and yardage markings onto the sight base...like a musket where they are threaded. Then yes, push the pin to the left and install from the right. This kind-of helps from whopping out the tab holes.

Takecare,

Keith A. Williams
15th VA Reg Vol Cav