PDA

View Full Version : Breechloading/Carbine II Team Matches

R. McAuley 3014V
07-28-2010, 04:59 PM
While I understand that once Henry shooters exhaust their magazine in the breechloading team matches they can only reload in single-shot mode at the breech, but for those of us shooting a Spencer, once the magazine has been exhausted (heaven forbid), must the Spencer be reloaded using only the cartridge tins from a Blakelee cartridge box or may the shooter reload in single-shot mode at the breech drawing their ammo from a regular carbine cartridge box (like a Smith or Sharps cartridge box)? Also, can both type boxes be used on the firing line? Maybe some of the other Spencer shooters can respond.

Richard McAuley, 3014V

W.Huffman 5thva
07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Dear Mr. McAuley here is the rule which I believe will answer your question

25.4 LOADING SPENCER FIREARMS
a. The barrel of the firearm must be pointed downrange in a near-horizontal position
during loading and reloading.
b. The Spencer magazine may be loaded or reloaded with a Blakeslee loading tube.
Lacking the Blakeslee device, the firearm must be reloaded singly with loose
ammunition directly into the breech.

Thank You for asking
Wade Huffman
National IG

R. McAuley 3014V
07-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Thank you sir. I'm sure I would have found that info eventually, and hopefully I won't need more than eight shots but just in case, it is good to know I can shoot in single shot mode like was done during the war. I don't know how the Italian repros fair, but I quite like this Yankee-made rifle!