PDA

View Full Version : henry rifle question

matt
07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
to the sac members,
does an uberti henry rifle with a 24 inch long barrel need to have sling swivels? or does it just have to have to uberti or navy arms marked? the approved page on the website does not reflect military only on that it be uberti or navy arms marked and be 24 inches in barrel length.
thank you
matt
winslows battery 9775v

Ron/The Old Reb
07-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Matt

If you walk up and down the line you will see a lot of people shooting steel and case harden frame Henry's. None of them have sling swivels. And as fare as I know where never military issue.

John Holland
07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Matt,

Thank you for checking the Approved Arms List posted on the N-SSA's homepage.

For the purposes of the N-SSA a Henry Rifle can have either a Brass or Iron or Frame, and can be in Military or Civilian configuration. The barrel must be the 24" Rifle length, no "Carbine" size barrels are allowed.

The only Henry Rifles on the market today are made by Uberti.

Navy Arms is listed because they were the company that originally submitted the arm for N-SSA Production Approval.

Perhaps the next time I update the Approved Arms List I should clarify that the approval includes both the Military and Civilian versions.

Sincerely,
JohnHolland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee

matt
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Ty john and ron for your replies and clarification. This was posted due to a posting in the for sale/wanted section
Matt
Winslows battery 9775v