PDA

View Full Version : Revolver that fits large hands?

XTR
04-18-2023, 07:56 PM
For years I?ve off and on been looking for a C&B revolver for plinking when I?m shooting my other black powder stuff. Two ?74 Sharps 45/70s and a Parker Hale ?63 short rifle (Musketoon).

I recently got to handle a fair number of Colt and Remington replicas and discovered that the reach to the trigger is ridiculously short for my hands. Any suggestions for revolvers that have a bit more reach? Are the Ruger Old Army?s better?

thanks.

Lou Lou Lou
04-18-2023, 09:03 PM
Rogers and Spencer if you can find one. Fits bigger hands

TCLewis
04-19-2023, 10:20 AM
I second Lou's comments. A R&S is the way to go for folks with big ol' bear paws for hands. I have some issues with certain models but the R&S has more of a modern large frame revolver feel. You can find them on here or Gun Broker for $500 or so.

XTR
04-29-2023, 11:01 AM
Thanks. I wear XXL gloves when I can find them, the fingers are too short on XLs.

Over the yrs I'd never had the opportunity to handle the old cap and ball revolvers and when I finally did I was surprised, and relieved that I'd never purchased one w/o handling them first. It really feels like I'm trying to reach backward with my trigger finger.

I'll check out the R&S.

Dheisey#7003
05-06-2023, 08:38 AM
I highly recommend R&S I have huge hands also. Not reproduced any more, if you can find one, they will not be cheap by any means.