PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Henry rear sight modification...

stretchman25
03-31-2023, 03:40 PM
I have a Uberti Henry that shoots 10" low or more at 50 yards. At 100 yards it is much lower. I know that I can use the ladder sight, but prefer to use the sight in the down, stationary position. Looking at the intro video on NSSA, it shows a competitor with an iron framed Henry with a modified rear aperture sight. Does anyone know where I can have my current sight modified in a like manner?

Thanks
Todd

Tom Magno, 9269V
03-31-2023, 10:52 PM
Before you begin modifying, what is the ammo you are shooting? 44-40 or .45LC? What is the bullet weight and powder charge? Is the front sight factory or has it been replaced with a tall sight? If it?s tall you can file it down a little at a time to raise your bullet impact Point.

I have a Uberti Henry that shoots 10" low or more at 50 yards. At 100 yards it is much lower. I know that I can use the ladder sight, but prefer to use the sight in the down, stationary position. Looking at the intro video on NSSA, it shows a competitor with an iron framed Henry with a modified rear aperture sight. Does anyone know where I can have my current sight modified in a like manner?

Thanks
Todd

Lou Lou Lou
04-01-2023, 06:16 PM
My question is wether it is shooting a one hole from the bench at 50 yards.
that should be the first priority. After that you can move the group.

stretchman25
04-01-2023, 10:41 PM
Gun was shot with factory 200 grain 44-40s and factory equivalent loads with 200 grain lead bullets. The rifle is very accurate, just shoots very low.