PDA

View Full Version : Cartridge Box Inserts

John Westenberger
03-11-2023, 06:38 PM
Howdy skirmishers!

Around this time last year I put up for sale, for the first time, some 3d printed cartridge box inserts. I was so inundated with orders, and received very positive feedback throughout the summer and fall, that I've decided to start taking some orders again. You can either order for pickup at the spring national, a Mid-Atlantic shoot, or pay a little extra to have them shipped.

This year, I have some extra items being offered that I didn't do last year because of time constraints. These prints take 4-5 hours for each insert, and 10 and a half for the trays, so doing anything but the basics was out of the question last year. I've since upgraded to a larger printer (Unfortunately not any faster!) so I can offer some different items this year!

First are the inserts: my standard insert is 6.75"x1.4"x1.25". They fit into my Cavalry cartridge box, and I know people have used them in the standard infantry pouch with a riser as well. The purpose was to use several inserts, and instead of refilling the same insert, you just swap to a fresh one from an ammo can. Being 3d printed plastic, not only are they lighter, but they can be washed with warm soap and water with your tubes, so no more greasy mess!

I currently have the following cartridge box inserts ready to be printed:

.69: Nine .8" holes
Smith/Trimmed .58 cap lug (Or nose down untrimmed): Fourteen .7" holes
Maynard (nose down): 12 holes at .75"

Next are my loading trays. They are all 6" square and hold 49 rounds. The hole diameters I offer are:

1 inch tall trays:
.69/maynard: .8"
.58/Smith: .7"

1.5 inch tall trays
Maynard: .75"
Sharps: .7"

The costs this year have increased slightly. 4$ each for the inserts, and 15$ each for the trays. I can quote custom work, if you want either a tray or an insert with different overall dimensions or different hole dimensions. You can reach me at john.westenberger1@gmail.com with any questions about that.

I'd ask if you're going to order, please use the following link. It helps me keep everyone's orders organized, especially if I'm as busy as last year! I'll reach out via email once I receive your order with a total cost, an ETA if you're shipping, and to agree on payment (Cash upon pickup or Paypal if you're shipping!).
https://forms.gle/1Ys8y4cjJtanMFxo9