PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Enfield Rear Sight Base Screw

TCLewis
02-17-2023, 02:56 PM
I'm looking for a rear sight base screw for a Armisport or Euroarms Enfield or thread pitch.

I checked at: Lodgewood, S&S Firearms, Dixie, Regt QM, Ebay, Blockcade Runner, Maryland Sutler...

Maillemaker
02-17-2023, 03:03 PM
I went through this when I replaced the rear sight on my Euroarms P58. It's metric, I can tell you that. M3, M3.5, or M4. Can't remember. You can probably pick up a few at Home Depot or whatever to try out.

Steve

Terry Schultz, 10057
02-18-2023, 09:09 AM
Trent
Did you try Taylor's & Co.? They sell the Armisport Enfield muskets and usually have parts for them. But be prepared to pay exorbitant price for a very small screw, everything coming from Italy has drastically gone up in price.
Terry

TCLewis
02-21-2023, 09:42 AM
Trent
Did you try Taylor's & Co.? They sell the Armisport Enfield muskets and usually have parts for them. But be prepared to pay exorbitant price for a very small screw, everything coming from Italy has drastically gone up in price.
Terry

Hi Terry,

I did try Taylor and they said the do not have anything Armisport anymore which I thought to be odd.

TCLewis
02-21-2023, 09:44 AM
I went through this when I replaced the rear sight on my Euroarms P58. It's metric, I can tell you that. M3, M3.5, or M4. Can't remember. You can probably pick up a few at Home Depot or whatever to try out.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I did find that Gorsky has some to get or I will try your suggestion. Thank you.

Maillemaker
02-21-2023, 10:24 AM
Hi Terry,

I did try Taylor and they said the do not have anything Armisport anymore which I thought to be odd.

Interesting. I heard a rumor a year ago that Armisport was going to quit making M1842s. I wonder if they are getting out of the Civil War firearm business? I tried for about 6 months to get ahold of someone at Armisport concerning my H&P project. Numerous emails and phone calls and voice mails to multiple people. No one ever got in touch.

Steve