PDA

View Full Version : Rogers and Spencer Revolver questions

sfoster
01-01-2023, 11:13 AM
Greetings everyone, and Happy New Year.

I have a question about the Roger and Spencer replica revolvers that are still commonly used in competition.

One of my teammates has stopped using his in competition because he believes that parts are becoming unobtainable.

So my questions are:
1: is that true?
2: What parts really need to be kept as spares?

When I think about it, certainly a main spring and trigger/bolt spring are desirable. Also, the bolt, the hand, and trigger itself would be good. Spare nipples , and screws all over. Finding a spare hammer would probably be the most difficult item.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It has been a while since I actually really looked, but my teammate is not mistaken. These parts are not just to be bought anywhere.

Thanks for any help on this topic, and see you at the next event I manage to attend.

Maillemaker
01-01-2023, 01:15 PM
I have not tried looking for parts for one, but they have not been commercially available for a long time.

Worst case, you can have parts custom made.

Steve

hawkeye2
01-01-2023, 01:24 PM
S&S has some parts but why stop using the gun. If he puts it up now he won't get any enjoyment from it and when it can't be repaired he'll have gotten some enjoyment from it and will have a wall hanger when it's over. If he stops now he'll have a wall hanger that he has gotten no enjoyment from. Shoot it till it brakes and have fun. It might just last as long as he does. I have no intention of retiring my Ball accurized R&S.

Fred Jr
01-02-2023, 10:16 AM
I agree with Hawkeye. I've been using my R&S for many years and I'll continue to use it as long as I can continue to play! i do have a couple in the safe if any one is interested in a back up:D. One is new in box but the box is beat up!

Have a great 2023 and play with the ones you like!

Fred
1097V
12TH PA

sfoster
01-02-2023, 11:10 AM
Thanks guys. I will not judge my teammate, it is his revolver. But I will continue to compete with mine. I?ll just remember to bring a back-up revolver just in case.