PDA

View Full Version : Musket Stocks

Donald Hempel
12-17-2022, 02:04 PM
Does anyone still make new musket stocks?

ms3635v
12-17-2022, 02:09 PM
Not to my knowledge. I was using Numrich stocks but they no longer have them and I believe Wayne Dunlap no longer sells stocks.

John Bly
12-17-2022, 09:38 PM
Mark Fleet and I can't make complete stocks but we can make 2 pc versions of some. That would be the butt stock up to the rear band and a matching forend that would need to be attached. The only ones we can make would be 1855/'61/'63 Springfield, the Mississippi and the 1842 musket. We've never made one up but have cut both butt stocks and forends.

I've got a full length Springfield stock from Bruce Cobb's booth that I would part with if interested.

You might check with Bobby Hoyt. He knows someone with a duplicating machine and I've seen a stock at his place cut on it. It was a little rougher than Dunlap's stocks but certainly workable.

Limestone
01-10-2023, 07:17 AM
Hello Sir, on your 2 piece stocks, how much inletting is done on the barrel channel and lock area? Is it drop in or a few thousand's off for fitment? And about how much for a 1842 stock, just a ball park price. Thanks

John Bly
01-10-2023, 08:30 AM
It would not be a drop in. Everything would need fitted but would be close. You would need to join the 2 pieces just like adding a forend replacement. We've never done one all together, just the pieces at different times. I don't know a firm price but would estimate about $225/$250. Shipping would be high as charges for long packages are ridiculous.

Capnball
05-11-2023, 08:41 AM
In the past it has been hit or miss to get things from them in a timely manner, but I?m pretty sure The Rifle Shoppe makes stocks for some models. Reasonable too.