PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Repair

teenyweeny
12-02-2022, 04:24 PM
Wanted: somebody willing to patch up one (maybe two) holes in the side of a cabin. These holes are how squirrels have gotten in and they've made a real mess :mad:. You'd need a really tall/telescoping ladder and whatever it takes to cover the hole(s). Probably not too complicated. Of course you'll be paid. Cabin owner and occupants are not in Winchester. I have photos. Any person who responds, we can switch to texting/phone.

Bob Lintner
12-10-2022, 05:05 PM
Wanted: somebody willing to patch up one (maybe two) holes in the side of a cabin. These holes are how squirrels have gotten in and they've made a real mess :mad:. You'd need a really tall/telescoping ladder and whatever it takes to cover the hole(s). Probably not too complicated. Of course you'll be paid. Cabin owner and occupants are not in Winchester. I have photos. Any person who responds, we can switch to texting/phone.
teenyweeny,
It's easy to make a repair. First make sure the critters are OUT then stuff coarse steel wool in the hole and mix up some auto body plastic and fill the hole. Paint to match and you're done. I kept field mice out of my apartment many years ago with this method. It sealed the space around the hot water base board pipe. I'm too old and I had a stroke to do that work now though. Good luck.
Bob

teenyweeny
01-08-2023, 11:47 PM
teenyweeny,
It's easy to make a repair. First make sure the critters are OUT then stuff coarse steel wool in the hole and mix up some auto body plastic and fill the hole. Paint to match and you're done. I kept field mice out of my apartment many years ago with this method. It sealed the space around the hot water base board pipe. I'm too old and I had a stroke to do that work now though. Good luck.
Bob

Thanks for the ideas. The real problem is I don't live there, it's too cold and I need a really really tall ladder. Good health to you in 2023!

RobBethke3rdMDArty
01-09-2023, 08:24 AM
My brother may have some interest. Will you be at camp this weekend for the snowball?

Thanks,