PDA

View Full Version : Revolver repair, any suggestions?

Claypipe
07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
A friend has an older Italian copy of a .44 Colt 3rd model Dragoon that is in need of repair. The piece is marked <<SAN MARCO>> GARDONE V.T. - BRESCIA. The cylinder is locked up tight. He bought it from a company called SWC back in the early 1980's. I suspect its an early Armi San Marco. He used to shoot 40 grains of real FFg BP behind a round ball, till the mechanics went bad. It was a real straight shooter.

So who would you Gents recommend for such repair work?

Claypipe

bilge water bob
07-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Robert Parker, wheatridge CO. he's in the yellow pages.

Joe Burchette, 2440V
07-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Google " VTI " . You might be able to get what you want from them. God bless.

Claypipe
07-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Google " VTI " . You might be able to get what you want from them. God bless.

I attempted to order the parts I needed from VTI. They were even listed on VTI's website as available, $12.00 for the bolt, $5.00 for the trigger/bolt spring, plus $9.95 for shipping. I placed the order with the following special instructions:"I am purchasing these parts for a 3rd Model Dragoon stamped <<SAN MARCO>> GARDONE V.T. -BRESCIA. Should these be incorrect for this revolver, please cancel my order and notify me of what would be the correct parts. Thank you."

VTI calls me back and leaves the message, that they don't have the parts I am looking for and that they would send parts for a Uberti at an additional $15 charge. The original order totaled $26.95 with postage, now they want $41.95 with postage for the wrong parts. I call them back, and spend a half an hour getting my credit card cleared of a charge I didn't authorize.

Thank you for the suggestion, but, I won't be dealing with VTI again.

Claypipe
07-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Robert Parker, wheatridge CO. he's in the yellow pages.

Thank you, I'll check him out.

CP