PDA

View Full Version : Miss Type F front band location?

Capnball
10-20-2022, 11:03 AM
Just a quick clarification before I put this thing in place permanently. The SAC sheet says the front band is to be mounted at 25.375". Having never built a rifle to an SAC sheet before, I am unsure of this measurement. I assume it is FROM the breech of the barrel, but to which part of the front band? Thanks in advance!

John Holland
10-20-2022, 03:37 PM
The dimension is taken from the back edge of the barrel (disregarding the breech plug tang) forward to the back edge of the barrel band. In the case of a double strap front band, you will measure from the back edge of the barrel forward to the strap closest to the breech, which of course is the first strap you will come to when measuring from the breech. For the purposes of the N-SSA you have a very forgiving +/- allowable tolerance of 0.375" for the location of the band. The dimension given on the Small Arms Sheet is taken from an original arm.

You have my email address and are welcome to contact me direct any time!

Capnball
10-20-2022, 07:10 PM
Many thanks John!

The dimension is taken from the back edge of the barrel (disregarding the breech plug tang) forward to the back edge of the barrel band. In the case of a double strap front band, you will measure from the back edge of the barrel forward to the strap closest to the breech, which of course is the first strap you will come to when measuring from the breech. For the purposes of the N-SSA you have a very forgiving +/- allowable tolerance of 0.375" for the location of the band. The dimension given on the Small Arms Sheet is taken from an original arm.

You have my email address and are welcome to contact me direct any time!