PDA

View Full Version : Still have some Mississippi rifles for sale

John Bly
10-10-2022, 09:27 PM
I've still got 4 of the 1841 Mississippi rifles. The cheap ones sold. I've got a super nice type E with new wood, Robbins Kendall & Lawrence lock dated 1847, all original parts except front band and barrel, $2000
Type E with long range sights, Robbins & Lawrence 1851 lock, stretched wood, not lined but bored to 58 caliber, all original parts except for front band, $1700
Drake conversion, Robbins & Lawrence 1850 lock, Hoyt lined 3 groove 58 caliber, stretched stock, $1500
Drake conversion, Whitney 1851 lock, Hoyt lined 3 groove 58 caliber, original wood, repro front band, $1400

I prefer face to face sale as shipping is expensive and they show up in pieces quite often from gun hating shipping people. I can bring them to the Halloween skirmish or can meet at Ft Shenandoah or in Winchester. PM if interested

1Hawkeye
10-12-2022, 01:56 PM
John please check your pm's

Robert Murphy
11-12-2022, 03:45 PM
I am looking for an accurate musket to start my journey. Are these tested muskets? Bob in Martinsburg.

John Bly
11-12-2022, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "tested" I have shot each of them and they are sighted center but low to allow for the individual to sight them in for their load and eyes. The locks are tuned to have less than a 5 lb trigger pull. They don't have SAC cards but will pass inspection as they are correct to the spec sheets. I stand by what I sell to correct any problems that may occur. I still have three. 2 are the Drake conversion with the 1858 musket sight at the rear and a blade sight on front. The other is a Type E with long range sights. PM me if interested in any of them.