PDA

View Full Version : English Pattern 1856 Cavalry Carbine (Swivel Ram Rod & Saddle Bar), .577 caliber

JimW
07-16-2022, 10:16 AM
I see the above listed on the SAC approved list as made by James River Armory. Is there an SAC sheet for someone that wants to build one? I seem to remember something about that ramrod had to be removed for use in competition - for safety reasons.

Thanks

Ben Nevlezer
07-16-2022, 11:17 AM
Jim,
Yes there is a SAC "build" sheet for said carbine. Contact John Holland by email and I'm sure he would send you one.
As far as the ramrod, see rule 19.14.2, a. "No ramrod may be used which is fastened to the firearm by swivel, chain or other device. Such ramrods may be used only if disconnected from the attaching device."
If I understand correctly, which I often don't, you may leave the attached ramrod on the gun and in the rod channel and use another unattached ramrod that meets the proper description and dimensions to use the carbine in competition.
hope this helps,
-Ben.

JimW
07-16-2022, 04:48 PM
Jim,
Yes there is a SAC "build" sheet for said carbine. Contact John Holland by email and I'm sure he would send you one.
As far as the ramrod, see rule 19.14.2, a. "No ramrod may be used which is fastened to the firearm by swivel, chain or other device. Such ramrods may be used only if disconnected from the attaching device."
If I understand correctly, which I often don't, you may leave the attached ramrod on the gun and in the rod channel and use another unattached ramrod that meets the proper description and dimensions to use the carbine in competition.
hope this helps,
-Ben.

Thank you. I knew that ramrod rule was somewhere.