PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Brown Bess Flintlock Musket

keweenaw
06-25-2022, 10:21 PM
Good day. Title says it all. Would like a repro in good condition. Please let me know what you have. Thanks!

Carl
06-27-2022, 10:18 AM
I have a Pedersoli Brown Bess in Flintlock, asking $800. I will have to post some pics if interested.

keweenaw
06-27-2022, 08:09 PM
I have a Pedersoli Brown Bess in Flintlock, asking $800. I will have to post some pics if interested.

Sent you a pm for picts. THanks.

keweenaw
06-29-2022, 07:45 PM
Would possibly consider a French Charleville too.

keweenaw
07-02-2022, 12:10 PM
Sent you a pm for picts. THanks.

Sent you a pm. Havent heard back. Still interested in selling?

Thanks

Carl
07-09-2022, 04:26 PM
PM sent about pics. Sorry been out of town.

Carl
07-10-2022, 01:34 PM
Hope these pictures will be ok,  if you need more let me know. Asking $800. Thanks

keweenaw
07-10-2022, 03:24 PM
Thanks. Looks good so far. Any issues?; bore condition, lock functioning, other side looks as good as lock side? Thanks.

Carl
07-10-2022, 09:14 PM
Thanks. Looks good so far. Any issues?; bore condition, lock functioning, other side looks as good as lock side? Thanks.
No issues what so ever, bore excellent, everything in great shape. I have cartridge box that goes with it. Thanks

keweenaw
07-10-2022, 10:32 PM
Thanks. I will take it. PM to you for details forthcoming. Thanks.

Muley Gil
07-10-2022, 10:41 PM
No issues what so ever, bore excellent, everything in great shape. I have cartridge box that goes with it. Thanks

Looks like a Marine Corps khaki belt & buckle in that picture.

keweenaw
07-15-2022, 09:47 AM
Carl,
Still interested in moving forward with this. Let me know. Thanks.

keweenaw
07-18-2022, 03:29 PM
Seller did not want to ship. So, still looking.

keweenaw
07-26-2022, 03:28 PM
Greetings all.

Bumping this one again. Got a lot of lookers but only one response, and the gentleman did not want to ship.

I am not a re-enactor, so I probably won't use this that much. Just looking for one to play around with. Have some interesting trade items if you are interested.

Thanks much.

apriestley
07-28-2022, 11:27 AM
Greetings all.

Bumping this one again. Got a lot of lookers but only one response, and the gentleman did not want to ship.

I am not a re-enactor, so I probably won't use this that much. Just looking for one to play around with. Have some interesting trade items if you are interested.

Thanks much. Last year and into 2022 Cabelas and Bass Pro had a blowout sale on their Besses at less than $1,000 a piece. Based on the serial numbers on mine and some others that came out of the sale, they looked to be NOS that Cabelas had been hanging on to for a few years. Its quite possible a few may still be floating around. It might be worth your while to call a few Cabelas and Bass Pro stores to see. Generally they are willing to ship firearms between stores.

Maillemaker
07-28-2022, 09:34 PM
I bought mine when they were on sale last year. This is the second time I have tried to buy a gun from Cabela's since they stopped shipping to homes a few years ago due to a lawsuit.

Getting a store to ship to another can be quite a chore. The manager at the gun counter at my local store said it is easily done but a lot of the stores are lazy and don't want to do it.

First, go on their web site and plug in different states to find if they have the gun in stock.

With your list of stores, start making phone calls to those stores. I had one store tell me they only had one, a "display model" and would not send it. Another told me they would sell it to me, but I would have to use gift cards to buy it (!?). Another told me they didn't have one when the web site said they did. Finally found a store that would ship it to my store.

The only reason I bought the first gun from Cabela's was I had a bunch of Cabela's bucks and got it for almost free. The Brown Bess was on sale for $999 which was too good a deal to pass up. It's so much trouble to buy a black powder gun from Cabela's now that I don't think I would bother unless they had a really awesome sale.

In any case, the Brown Bess no longer shows up through the Cabela's web site. Google pulls up the page on their site, but it's not available to buy or search for.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/pedersoli-brown-bess-musket

Steve

keweenaw
07-28-2022, 11:41 PM
Last year and into 2022 Cabelas and Bass Pro had a blowout sale on their Besses at less than $1,000 a piece. Based on the serial numbers on mine and some others that came out of the sale, they looked to be NOS that Cabelas had been hanging on to for a few years. Its quite possible a few may still be floating around. It might be worth your while to call a few Cabelas and Bass Pro stores to see. Generally they are willing to ship firearms between stores.

Thanks, i will check into that.

keweenaw
08-08-2022, 09:45 AM
Tickling this again. Wow, almost 2000 views. Surely someone has a Bess or Charleville gathering dust? Let me know what you have. Thanks

cdelew
08-09-2022, 09:44 PM
Send me a message at christopherdelew@yahoo.com

Thanks,

-Chris

keweenaw
08-10-2022, 08:26 AM
Message sent