PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli 1841 Mississippi approval.

dfbowers
06-06-2022, 11:54 AM
I'm Looking for some official word regarding N-SSA approval for this rifle.
I picked up one during Spring Nationals (PR3470). From the Pedersoli website, they display the "N-SSA approval" stamp along with this product.
However, one of our teammates sent me a list of the 10 types and specs for the rifle, and it makes me question what they advertise.

The closest SAC specs I can find is the "as issued" type and the only difference being the original as .54 cal, not .58.
Thanks in advance.
Don.

Wayne Shaw, 1985V
06-06-2022, 01:51 PM
Don Well the 1841 Mississippi is APPROVED in as issued configuration. That is the gun is not altered from how Perersoli made it. If you change the sights from the singe type bock sight to other varints it will require and SAC Card .

There are a number of changes that could be made to the BASE arm. Not knowing what is on your mind leaves the answer in limbo.

I personally would suggest doing some research to what varient you want first. BUT the base gun is approved.

Congrats on the 1841 it's a great gun.

Wayne Shaw #1985V X national IG and member of SAC committee
E mail wdsmas@aol.com Cell (610) 283 3076.

ms3635v
06-07-2022, 10:16 AM
Hi Don. Both .54 and .58 caliber Mississippi Pedersoli rifles are NSSA approved with the factory installed sights. As Wayne Shaw correctly noted if the sights are changed a Small Arms approval card is necessary.

John Holland
06-07-2022, 10:53 AM
Don - The "Official Approved Arms List" is available on the N-SSA Home Page under"Rules and Forms", or directly from the tab in the header of the Bulletin Board. Under Model 1841 Rifles it specifically states:

10) Pedersoli & Co. (.54 & .58 cal.)

The Small Arms Sheets you have are for building a reproduction Rifle, not for "Production Approved Arms".

Sincerely,
John Holland
Small Arms Staff Officer

dfbowers
06-07-2022, 01:48 PM
:)Thanks guys for your quick responses!
Don..