PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Type III, two-band Snider Conversion Enfield

gary1978
06-30-2010, 10:10 PM
I know this is a little off-topic, but you guys seem to know who has these sorts of things, and I don't know what other BBs might be interested in similar arms. I'm looking for a really fine piece with an excellent bore. I really don't want anything brought back from the mid-east or from Nepal. Also interested in brass, or other accessories useful for this type of rifle. Any help in finding a nice one would be appreciated.

gary1978@hughes.net

Gary Reisenwitz
Hazel Green, AL
(256) 828-1695

06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
It sounds like what you are looking for is a Mk III, Sergeant's model Snider. Very good choice; of all the models of Snider, these usually shoot the best. They usually have a five-groove barrel and a faster twist rate than the 3-band Snider rifles.

It is very hard to find these in any respectable condition. But, if you are serious about a nice one, a friend of mine has a very, very nice one with a perfect bore. He recently decided to sell it, and is asking about $1,600. He has brass and has worked up loads for it. And, for another $300 you can have the correct sword bayonet with it.

If this is what you are looking for, PM me and I'll put you in touch with him.