PDA

View Full Version : Original Springfirld

Jim Brake 3587
06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I have a picture of my grandfathers brother shooting his Civil War Musket at a 4th of July Celebartion in 1892. It is the musket my Grandfather brought home from the Great Conflict. I still have the picture but the musket has long since been misplaced. I was wondering if maybe someone had an old original Springfield musket they would sell me for 2 or 3 hundred dollars so I could hang beside the picture and it would look better in my Den....Jim B.

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
06-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't have a picture of my grandfather shooting a musket but I also would like for someone to sell me an original springfield for 2 or 3 hundred dollars. I promise to hang it (well at least I'll take a picture of it, and hang that on the wall) after I finish selling it for a nice profit. I was told my great- grandfather had a really nice U S Officers model sword. If anyone could sell me one of those for about 25 or 30 dollars I'd hang it up over the fireplace. Thanks in advance.

ken chrestman
06-29-2010, 03:31 PM
I will sell you a picture of an original Springfield Musket for 2-3 hundred dollars and you can frame them together. This makes more sense than what you ask of this board.

Ken Chrestman, 7147V

R. McAuley 3014V
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Got just the thing for you Jim! And Joe Salter is asking $95 plus shipping

http://www.joesalter.com/

Item #8693 "Kadet Civil War Cap Gun Musket Circa 1960"
A wood and metal "Kadet" cap gun which leads us to think it was made late 50's to mid 60's,. No plastic. 37 1/8 " overall length. The lock plate says "Civil War Musket/Kadet/Savannah, Tenn." The stock has a sticker reading "Civil War Kadet Musket/Parris MFG. Co. Savannah, Tenn."

agrnbrt
06-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Ok everyone stop picking on Jim. He was obviously drunk, suffering from heat stroke or insane when he posted this. :roll:

John Gross
06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Here ya' go!

$200 with no reserve, but some assembly required :)

John Gross

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =176400556 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=176400556)

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/176400000/176400556/pix1374971734.jpg

Ron/The Old Reb
06-30-2010, 08:18 AM
I too have, for years, been looking for a Johnson rifle for a couple hundred dollars. I would prefer a Marine issued one, but would settle for a one made for the Dutch government. I promise that I will not hang it above my fireplace . But will take it out to the range and shoot the hell out of it. Green

Mike McDaniel
06-30-2010, 09:22 AM
I want a Lewis gun. And I'll pay a good $1K for it. :D

dennis g
06-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Well Jim, ya got what you wanted, ya got all the loonies stirred up. Ya better stay out of that gin bottle.

MR. GADGET
06-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I was wondering if maybe someone had an old original Springfield musket they would sell me for 2 or 3 thousand dollars

There you go Jim, I fixed it for you.... :lol:

Muley Gil
06-30-2010, 09:13 PM
"I want a Lewis gun. And I'll pay a good $1K for it."

I was in Afghanistan for 3 years and was told by a good friend that in the market on Chicken Street in Kabul, one could buy Lewis guns for about $500 each. Chicken Street was off limits when I got there, so I never got to see from myself.

Of course, the problem is, how do you get one back to the States???

R. McAuley 3014V
06-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Chicken Street in Kabul sounds a lot like the Barras Market in Glasgow (Scotland)... you can buy practically anything out of a boot sale! It's like the guy who brought in what he thought was a cannonball into the public library at Dumbarton, thinking the library might fancy having the artefact on display. He had uncovered the artefact on a demolition project next to the base of Dumbarton Rock (Dumbarton Castle), which the last time the castle was under siege was during the Cromwellian Protectorate. As it turned out, the artefact wasn't a cannonball but a mid-seventeenth century hand grenade. Although I could have had it for the asking. Instead, I sent him down to Glasgow to the Hunterian Museum because they could better conserve the artefact, and it better fit into their collections. Instead, he took the hand grenade to the Barras Market and sold it for a quid!