PDA

View Full Version : Euroarms

JimW
04-13-2022, 07:48 AM
A friend asked me a couple of weeks ago about Euroarms, did they make their own guns, or was Euroarms just a brand, like Navy Arms? I thought that was the case, but sitting here looking at my old Roger and Spencer, I'm having second thoughts. So did they produce some of their own guns, or all?

Carolina Reb
04-13-2022, 08:24 AM
Euroarms was a consortium of manufacturers around Brescia, Italy that was run by Louie Amadi. The arms making industry in Italy at the time was much like the Birmingham Small Arms Trade guild back in the 1860s. Lots of small shops built replicas which were sold through Euroarms. Skirmishers Tom Hunger and Brannen Sanders pitched setting up a US branch to Louie in 1975 as a way to consolidate the import operation, and EOA was born. Both Tom and Brannen are well known among veteran skirmishers. Tom ran the Winchester Sutler for many years. Both of them passed in the last year.

JimW
04-14-2022, 07:57 PM
Euroarms was a consortium of manufacturers around Brescia, Italy that was run by Louie Amadi. The arms making industry in Italy at the time was much like the Birmingham Small Arms Trade guild back in the 1860s. Lots of small shops built replicas which were sold through Euroarms. Skirmishers Tom Hunger and Brannen Sanders pitched setting up a US branch to Louie in 1975 as a way to consolidate the import operation, and EOA was born. Both Tom and Brannen are well known among veteran skirmishers. Tom ran the Winchester Sutler for many years. Both of them passed in the last year.

Thank you for the information - I recognize the names from years past.