PDA

View Full Version : WTS Swiss-German M1777 Charleville Style Musket

apriestley
03-21-2022, 05:23 PM
For your consideration is a Swiss-German made copy of the French Charleville Model 1777. I purchased from Lodgewood several years ago and was identified by them as such. This early musket appears to have been updated from an earlier model to roughly conform to this French pattern, using a much older lock and barrel that look to date to the mid-1700s. There are no proof or maker's marks on either the lock or the barrel, but are both built in the 18th century German style. This musket has had some restoration work done to it. The forestock had broken and was reattached under the rear band, and the barrel was relined to .62 caliber by Bobby Hoyt.

With that said, this is your chance to get an original18th century musket that you can actually shoot! I have shot this musket a fair amount myself, and even took it hunting several times.

$1200 shipped, less than the cost of a similar Italian or Japanese reproduction

Harry Gaul
03-21-2022, 10:02 PM
Adam,

How about a trade? I have some models 1816's and a New Jersey type one H and P, and a SAC ready 36 inch Macon 69 cal. to trade. Pick one. We can meet at a local Gun club in Lancaster County and inspect and shoot the firearms.

Harry in Pa.
03626v

apriestley
03-22-2022, 07:05 AM
Adam,

How about a trade? I have some models 1816's and a New Jersey type one H and P, and a SAC ready 36 inch Macon 69 cal. to trade. Pick one. We can meet at a local Gun club in Lancaster County and inspect and shoot the firearms.

Harry in Pa.
03626vSorry no trades on this one as I'm selling to fund another project

apriestley
03-28-2022, 07:25 PM
BTT, reduced to $1200 shipped. Goes to GB next week!