PDA

View Full Version : WTB Zoli Zouave, Zoli Mississippi or Similar

Brazos_Brian
02-20-2022, 03:33 AM
I am interested in buying a Zoli Zouave, Zoli Mississippi, or a similar budget friendly beginners musket. I have been interested in skirmishing for years and recently attended my first skirmish here in Texas as a spectator. I was fascinated by what I saw and can not wait to actually participate. I really like the look of the Mississippi and Zouave style two-band muskets. As long as the musket is safe, functional, and N-SSA approved I am interested. I am also interested in purchasing leathers and a bullet mold to go along with the musket.

Thank you,

Brian Kerls

PapaRob
02-20-2022, 07:45 AM
Brian there are a couple on gunbroker right now...just type in zouave on the search and you will see a few Navy Arms Zouaves on there and they were made by Zoli for Navy Arms. The offical name of the Zouave is the 1863 Remington I saw a Mississippi on there too but it wasn't very budget friendly in my opinion.

If you have trouble finding one after next weekend ping me at 48thva@gmail.com.

As far as leathers go you can go on ebay and get them cheap...they don't have to be "campaigner" grade or any such nonsense.

Bullet molds? Depends on how much you want to spend really. Moose Molds does good work, RCBS makes a good hogden mold but you will have to find a deep skirt insert for it to make it really effective. But before all that you will want to get your bore gauged to find what sized minie will work best because the older Zouaves bores can be all over the place size wise.

Let me know if I can help you.

Cheers,

Rob Harrison
Recruiting Officer
North-South Skirmish Association

Lou Lou Lou
02-20-2022, 08:00 AM
If only there was a well known member in Texas.... P.J. is in VA right now. If you attended a skirmish you must be near him.

Chris Howey
02-20-2022, 06:01 PM
did you check out the ad on this list for the Parker Hale? I shoot a Zouave - like it a lot - but the PH is also a two banded musket. I think it's still for sale.

Lou Lou Lou
02-20-2022, 06:36 PM
Brian PM Sent

craig stanley, 4661
02-22-2022, 07:43 PM
Brian, where are you in TX.. I've been doing this a few years (40+) and moving down to Junction, TX in the next couple months, I would be glad to help you get started if somewhat close... I'll still be making the trip to VA often, just not quite as much as now :-) have a few items you may be interested in as well.

Craig

I am interested in buying a Zoli Zouave, Zoli Mississippi, or a similar budget friendly beginners musket. I have been interested in skirmishing for years and recently attended my first skirmish here in Texas as a spectator. I was fascinated by what I saw and can not wait to actually participate. I really like the look of the Mississippi and Zouave style two-band muskets. As long as the musket is safe, functional, and N-SSA approved I am interested. I am also interested in purchasing leathers and a bullet mold to go along with the musket.

Thank you,

Brian Kerls

Brazos_Brian
02-24-2022, 03:06 PM
Thank you for the reply. I am in rural Bastrop County near Elgin, TX. Roughly about 40 miles east of Austin. I have been shooting muzzleloaders for years, but this is my first foray into skirmishing; so I certainly appreciate any and all advice, guidance, and help.

Thank you,

Brian Kerls

Brian, where are you in TX.. I've been doing this a few years (40+) and moving down to Junction, TX in the next couple months, I would be glad to help you get started if somewhat close... I'll still be making the trip to VA often, just not quite as much as now have a few items you may be interested in as well.

Craig

RaiderANV
02-24-2022, 05:25 PM
I'm a couple miles east of McKinney and drive to the skirmishes in Virginny & Alabama several times a year. Thinking I probably have 13 Zouaves and a couple Mississippi's left. 540-878-8024 Pat Kelly

Maillemaker
02-24-2022, 08:21 PM
Hi Brian,

Texas is part of the N-SSA Deep South Region. All of our skirmishes but one are held at Brierfield Ironworks State Park near Birmingham, Alabama. The November skirmish is held in Eva, TN.

I am team captain of the 4th Louisiana Delta Rifles. None of our members actually live in LA anymore. Most of us are in Alabama, but we have a member in Texas.

If you are able to make it to Brierfield, all of our teams are looking for new members. It doesn't really matter what team you join so much as can you get to Brierfield, Alabama. Looks like it's about an 11-hour drive for you.

Here is an unofficial Google map I made that shows various skirmish locations around the country. It's handy as you can easily plug in your address and see how far away you are from that skirmish location.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1p0DPEwOfckLVajqJTkTzYiwk1yI&usp=sharing

Here is the Deep South web site:
http://www.deepsouthnssa.com/home.html

Here is my team web site:
https://4thla.weebly.com/

craig stanley, 4661
02-24-2022, 11:37 PM
couple hours away but certainly workable. Alamo Muzzle Loading Club in Lacoste also has some NSSA like shoots as well. I haven't joined yet but likely will try in the near future... Here is my number (not going to change it), so feel free to contact me anytime. thx Craig 717-649-9461

Thank you for the reply. I am in rural Bastrop County near Elgin, TX. Roughly about 40 miles east of Austin. I have been shooting muzzleloaders for years, but this is my first foray into skirmishing; so I certainly appreciate any and all advice, guidance, and help.

Thank you,

Brian Kerls

Brazos_Brian
02-27-2022, 12:16 AM
Pat I sent you a PM regarding your Zouave's and Mississippi rifles.

Thank you,

Brian Kerls

I'm a couple miles east of McKinney and drive to the skirmishes in Virginny & Alabama several times a year. Thinking I probably have 13 Zouaves and a couple Mississippi's left. 540-878-8024 Pat Kelly

Brazos_Brian
02-27-2022, 12:34 AM
I attended a Skirmish with the Alamo Muzzle loading Gun Club back in December. Great bunch of guys. I was only a spectator then, but hope to participate in their next skirmish. Though it was not an official N-SSA skirmish, many of the guys there are in the N-SSA and follow N-SSA rules for their competitions.

Thank you,

Brian Kerls

couple hours away but certainly workable. Alamo Muzzle Loading Club in Lacoste also has some NSSA like shoots as well. I haven't joined yet but likely will try in the near future... Here is my number (not going to change it), so feel free to contact me anytime. thx Craig 717-649-9461

craig stanley, 4661
03-04-2022, 11:51 PM
just ended up with a couple zouave's if you are still looking. I can bring them down in May when I move down..

oldcelt@yahoo.com
03-05-2022, 01:44 PM

My son has a used Zoli Zouave and a Enfield 2 band never fired for sale and posably leathers. Send me your email or phone and I will forward them to him. He was a member of the Potomac REGION for years. If you like, contact me at oldcelt@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Brian Kerls
My son has a Zouave and a Enfield for sale. Contact me at oldcelt@yahoo.com for information