PDA

View Full Version : Wanted; .54 erma gallager brass

Bob Lintner
01-30-2022, 03:27 PM
Please delete. I found out that the correct brass IS .50 caliber. Thanks Daryl.
Bob

noonanda
01-31-2022, 08:54 AM
Does anyone sell .54 caliber Erma Gallager brass? If so, who? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!
Bob

Bob from what I have been told, it is all 50-52 Cal. Rapine made a mold that fit inside it but any that you find that is ".54" is just from the necks expanding

Bob Lintner
01-31-2022, 10:58 AM
All ERMA GALLAGER carbines were made in .54 caliber. I am looking for STANDARD .54 ERMA GALLAGER brass and WHO SELLS THEM. S&S AND DIXIE DO NOT HAVE THEM. ORIGINAL Gallager carbines were made in .52 caliber. Bob Hoyt relines Erma Gallage carbines to .50 caliber, slow twist. Rapine made .54 caliber bullet molds for the stock ERMA GALLAGER carbine.
Bob

John.Hayes
01-31-2022, 11:03 PM
Lodgewood offers Gallagher cases for $3.15 each, brass. No Plastic option on the site. Hope that helps. jh

noonanda
02-01-2022, 08:12 AM
All ERMA GALLAGER carbines were made in .54 caliber. I am looking for STANDARD .54 ERMA GALLAGER brass and WHO SELLS THEM. S&S AND DIXIE DO NOT HAVE THEM. ORIGINAL Gallager carbines were made in .52 caliber. Bob Hoyt relines Erma Gallage carbines to .50 caliber, slow twist. Rapine made .54 caliber bullet molds for the stock ERMA GALLAGER carbine.
Bob

BOB, I UNDERSTAND THAT, I ALSO HAVE A UNMODIFIED .54 ERMA GALLAGER THAT WAS LIKE NEW IN BOX WHEN I GOT IT.

Per quite a few people who I asked this same question, and bases on the fact that my like new Gallager (when I bought it) had 5 casings with it. Oh and the inside of the casing were da data da daa ".52 Caliber. The people I spoke to and the gentlemen who I have see shooting unmodified Gallagers on the line and asked these same questions about UNMODIEFIED ERMA GALLAGERS IN .54 CAL

The RAPINE .54 cal Gallager mold which I also have, has a heel type base which is again da data da daa ".52 Caliber. The brass that is currently sold by S&S and Dixie is not .54 cal as you have stated, and again per everyone I spoke to you wont find any .54 cal Gallager brass specifically for ERMA .54 Cal Gallagers.

Not trying to piss on your ad, Im telling you what I have been told by numerous individuals who were in the same situation as me and you. Take it or leave it

Eggman
02-01-2022, 09:03 AM
Lodgewood offers Gallagher cases for $3.15 each, brass. No Plastic option on the site. Hope that helps. jh
A quick look in the website might be useful before a post like this.

Bob Lintner
02-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Thanks very much Noonanda! You saved my bacon and I appreciate it! Lodgewood is out of stock, so I placed an order at S&S. Phil always comes through!
Bob