PDA

View Full Version : In need of a few Whitworth hexagonal bullets for testing.

Randall
01-14-2022, 01:01 AM
As the title states I'm in need of a few hexagonal Whitworth bullets for testing before buying a mold. I had some located in both pure lead and harder alloy several weeks ago from another Whitworth enthusiast from a different site. Needless to say they didn't make it and were obviously liberated most likely at the USPS terminals as the box had been carefully opened and then resealed. I'm mainly interested in bullets that were cast from one of the Pedersoli molds to check dimensions before ordering a mold. My early English PH pin gauges at .451 and the sender said that his were dropping from the mold at .450 which would be right in the wheel house. I'll be ordering a cylindrical mold from Accurate for paper patching soon but still would like to have another hexagonal mold to replace the Leon Kranen mold that I sold in time of need. I would be happy to pay for the bullets and shipping as I know that nothing is cheap or free these days. I would also be interested in some hexagonal bullets that drop at .442 for paper patch testing. If you can help please let me know.

Best regards,

Randall

Maillemaker
01-14-2022, 10:15 AM
Brett Gibbons at Paper Cartridges is now producing cylindrical bullets by period-correct pressure forming, if you are interested in those.

https://www.papercartridges.com/

Randall
01-14-2022, 05:53 PM
Thanks, I emailed Brett and got some information. I could still use some cast samples to compare to the swaged paper patch bullets. When I bought the Whitworth 20 plus years ago it came with a box of hexagonal bullets that were very accurate but I don't think they are being made anymore.