PDA

View Full Version : Winter project: Load 44-40!

John Maderious
12-12-2021, 05:59 PM
I have 606 new, unprimed, Starline .44-40 brass. 440 of them are untouched as received from Starline and 166 have been chamfered but nothing further done to them. All are bright, shiny, and not tarnished.

I also have 464 fired 44-40 brass, being 147 Starline which appear to have been fired once, and 93 mixed brass in good condition, 155 Winchester brass fired once, and 69 mixed pieces which have been fired more than once and are crusty but useable.

I was not able to find any 44-40 brass available for sale anywhere, and it looks like they have not been available for a while. I will sell the new unused brass for what looks like the last price Midway was charging which was 38c each and no charge for the used brass. Eventually at some time this brass will be available again but I assume the prices will be going up from from where they were when they were last available.

I will also spilt it all into two halves, one half of each as to the new and used brass. 38c times 303 is about $115. I can ship for about $15, so $130 total will buy 303 new brass and 232 used brass. Obviously if someone wants to buy it all, that is fine. First come first served.

I will also note for the benefit of new reloaders that brass is very soft, which means they are often slightly damaged in shipping, and why one of the first steps in reloading is to resize the cases. The brass I have are all in good condition, but maybe 10% have case mouths slightly out of round. I do not consider that to be unusual. None are smashed or damaged to the point they cannot be easily reloaded.

If you are interested please email me. I do not check PMs. Thanks for looking.

John Maderious 8VA, jmaderious@comcast.net

John Maderious
12-12-2021, 06:21 PM
Brass is 1/2 sold. John Maderious