PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Copy of Schuyler, Hartley, and Graham or Hartley and Graham Catalog

Don Dixon
12-09-2021, 07:28 PM
As part of my Austrian rifle project I am looking for copies of a few pages of the Schuyler, Hartley, and Graham or Hartley and Graham firearms catalog from between 1870 and 1884. The reprinted Civil War period catalog is much too early and I have a copy of the 1885 catalog which is too late. After having looked at the company's sales records, I need to see how they advertised the surplus Austrian firearms from the Civil War they were selling.

I have tried the libraries at the usual suspects: Smithsonian, Library of Congress, Springfield Armory, NRA, Single Shot Rifle Association, and Buffalo Bill Center of the West. You would think that since Buffalo Bill has the company's records they would have catalogs, but they apparently don't.

Since skirmishers collect odd stuff, I hope that perhaps someone out there has one of these catalogs. Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Don Dixon
2881V

bobanderson
12-10-2021, 08:30 AM
There are several copies available at Cornell Publications. These are reproductions from originals, reasonably priced.

https://www.cornellpubs.com/searchResults.php

Check out the Bannerman catalog reprints, for instance.

geezmo
12-10-2021, 10:18 AM
Don,

Since you mentioned Buffalo Bill, am I to assume you?ve also gone through the McCracken Research Library papers. In looking through that stuff I saw a brief history which followed the chain from SH&G, through H. K. White to Dixie Gun works. Since Dixie apparently bought out the remaining inventory is there a chance they might have old catalogues? Have you contacted them?

Good Luck,
Barry Selzner

Ron The Old Reb
12-10-2021, 07:44 PM
​Check the Jay Davis Gun Museum in Claremore Oklahoma they have a large research library.