PDA

View Full Version : Heavy trigger pull on Armi Sport Springfield

paulmarcone
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I took a friend out to the shooting range yesterday and he was shooting his Armi Sport 1861 Springfield musket.

His gun has a very heavy trigger pull -- so much so that it really impacts accuracy.

Short of taking it to a gunsmith, is this something he could easily adjust on his own? If so, could anyone give me some basic steps to walk him through it?

Thanks.

mikea
06-18-2010, 06:56 PM
The short answer is that there is really no simple fix of the type that you are looking for. That said, I strongly recommend you/your friend read an excellent article available via links from this website on how to reduce trigger pull on these type locks.
You get to it from the N-SSA home page by clicking on the following:
"Regions" at the top, then on "NorthWest Territory, then on "Useful Information", then on "Modifying Musket/Carbine Locks".
The author, Dave France, has written the best account of what has to be done I have ever seen or heard of. Hope this helps.

paulmarcone
06-19-2010, 10:43 AM
The short answer is that there is really no simple fix of the type that you are looking for. That said, I strongly recommend you/your friend read an excellent article available via links from this website on how to reduce trigger pull on these type locks.
You get to it from the N-SSA home page by clicking on the following:
"Regions" at the top, then on "NorthWest Territory, then on "Useful Information", then on "Modifying Musket/Carbine Locks".
The author, Dave France, has written the best account of what has to be done I have ever seen or heard of. Hope this helps.

Thank you! Very helpful.