PDA

View Full Version : Lyman no.45 lubersizer problem

B P Shooter
09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I understand I can get a kit to rebuild this sizer. My question, is it worth it? And where? My sizer leaks lube around the die and the "piston". Will the kit fix this or is it better to buy a brand new one? I bought this one on ebay,cleaned it up,and worked o.k. for a while,but now the brass bushing on the piston is wore considerably.

Des
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I am not sure what part you have that is worn but the Lyman website has replacement parts for the sizer. I have been using one for over 30 years and haven't worn anything out yet.

RangerFrog
09-01-2008, 09:23 PM
What Des said. Just go onto the Lyman website and order the specific parts you need, especially ALL of the O-rings. Unless you damage the cast iron body itself, any other wear should be readily and economically repairable. My shooting buddy lost one when the body cracked, but that's about the worst case scenario. :cry:

Froggie

B P Shooter
09-02-2008, 05:36 PM
The "piston" that pushes the lube has a brass bushing on it. No 'o'-rings. The lube is seeping around the bushing. I think there ends up being more lube on top of the "piston" than on the bullet. Still works, just have to clean the lube off as I crank it back up and reload.

RangerFrog
09-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Gotcha! Mine does the same thing, albeit to a lesser degree. I believe you will indeed be able to find that part, either on the Lyman website or by contacting them directly.

http://www.lymanproducts.com

1-800-225-9626

HTH ~ Froggie