PDA

View Full Version : Revolver Distance

Eggman
10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
I know the rules are pretty well set now, but I was wondering if we could modify the revolver rules a bit. My son-in-law will be taking over my Rogers and Spencer so I'll be switching to my back-up gun, the Maynard. The problem is I have great difficulty hitting anything with the Maynard beyond ten feet. Sight radius is not good and the short barrel is also a problem. Would it be possible to establish an additional lane for, say, revolvers with three inch barrel or less? Here is a photo of the gun. I'm sure revolver popularity would increase exponentially. I had to use my hand to steady the camera -- sorry.

Bruce Cobb 1723V
10-12-2021, 11:34 AM
I see no reason why you can't shoot it. It would be fun! All you have to do is prove that enough were purchased and supplied to any civil war military unit. As some help to start your research, forget about Government contracts. Concentrate on purchases by individuals that had enough $$ to supply their own unit. Good Luck, keep us posted.

Eggman
10-12-2021, 11:58 AM
If anybody can come up with this it's you PJ!!!!!!!

Bruce Cobb 1723V
10-12-2021, 12:24 PM
Are you planning on using caps or make up a roll of primers?

Eggman
10-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Bruce -- If by chance this gets off the ground somehow I will make up some sort of roll primers. Closest I've come is using cap gun roll caps and yes it will fire off these. Cap alignment needs some help though. If I get serious about functional roll primers my first thought (besides trimming to fit) is to double the thickness gluing one roll on top of the other. Folks with actual mechanical aptitude (like PJ) will I'm sure come up with better ideas. The idea of a 10' or 15' revolver match excites the pedodle out of me.
Here's a couple pic -- the pocket revolver innards, and my 1857 Remington smoothie with one of my original primer rolls inserted for display.

RaiderANV
10-12-2021, 11:47 PM
Eggs.......I shot mine at 25 yards many moons ago and had many in the black. There is no way on earth you'll win with one but it is a neat lil gun to shoot. Mine doesn't look like it's had nearly the fun over the years as yours has. You'll never find proof of the mighty 100 yard stick even though way more then that were produced.