PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Rifle For Sale

cdelew
10-09-2021, 07:53 PM
I have a Zoli Mississippi Rifle for sale. It is in excellent condition and was defarbed by Todd Watts. The rifle is a .58 caliber, and does not come with the sling. $800 plus shipping. Please contact me at christopherdelew@yahoo.com if you have questions or would like more pictures.
-Chris DeLew114591146011461

John Bly
10-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Which is it? Bernadelli and Zoli are not the same. Some by Bernadelli are not approved for N-SSA use.

cdelew
10-09-2021, 08:53 PM
It is a Zoli. As stated above, please send questions to christopherdelew@yahoo.com

Eggman
10-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Please excuse my ignorance but why would scrapping the identification data off a reproduction musket make it more valuable and why would anyone willingly associate their name with such a process?

Bruce Cobb 1723V
10-10-2021, 11:36 AM
It is not a Zoli made rifle. It may be a Zoli barrel. Not to get into any argument or hurt feelings but the ugly, out of proportion trigger guard is the clue. Just talking out loud.

Muley Gil
10-10-2021, 01:24 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but why would scrapping the identification data off a reproduction musket make it more valuable and why would anyone willingly associate their name with such a process?Some re-enactors prefer to have the modern makings removed from their weapons and moved to the underside of the barrel where they can't be seen.

MarkTK36thIL
10-10-2021, 04:25 PM
A lot of reenactors prefer the markings removed for the sake of giving a modern piece a more period look in the field. Then, some folks will add inspector marks, a VP and eagle markings, perhaps even recontour the stock, and then add new maker marks to the lockplate.

The best thing aside from dragging a $1k-5k rifle/musket into the field.

Eggman
10-10-2021, 06:26 PM
So with that all said, please post ALL markings present on this musket.

noonanda
10-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Was it also blued by him, as the Bernadellis were browned. Did the W get removed off the Bolster, because if it is a Bernadette barrel and the W has been removed there is no way to know if it is the approved version with the welded bolster.

cdelew
10-10-2021, 09:23 PM
It is a Zoli.

I will post more pictures tomorrow.

Thanks,

-Christopher DeLew

Eggman
10-11-2021, 08:21 AM
Are you sure it's a Zoli? Is it stamped Zoli? How do you know for sure?

MR. GADGET
10-11-2021, 10:09 AM
Are you sure it's a Zoli? Is it stamped Zoli? How do you know for sure?

Are you looking to buy this gun or just out to attack him?

MR. GADGET
10-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Some re-enactors prefer to have the modern makings removed from their weapons and moved to the underside of the barrel where they can't be seen.

He knows the answer. It has been talked about a bunch on here.

Eggman
10-11-2021, 12:53 PM
It's the guy two owners down I'm worried about. Us simpletons rely on the gun label a lot.

MR. GADGET
10-11-2021, 02:32 PM
It's the guy two owners down I'm worried about. Us simpletons rely on the gun label a lot.

If you are not a buyer move along is the best thing.

RaiderANV
10-11-2021, 06:47 PM
Eggs....... you could encounter a problem if the markings (manufacturer and serial #) were removed and not relocated under the barrel. You could still encounter a problem as it's illegal to remove and relocate them to begin with by federal law. Whether or not they would care to spend the time and money to pursue such as case is up to whoever gets said case against you.

Per 18 U.S.C. 922 (k), ?It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to transport, ship, or receive, in interstate or foreign commerce, any firearm which has had the importer?s or manufacturer?s serial number removed, obliterated, or altered or to possess or receive any firearm which has had the importer?s or manufacturer?s serial number removed, obliterated, or altered and has, at any time, been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.?
There?s also a similar provision in the NFA making it a crime to ?to receive or possess a firearm [as defined by the NFA] having the serial number or other identification required by this chapter obliterated, removed, changed, or altered.? 26 U.S.C. ? 5861(h).

https://www.pennlago.com/wp-content/uploads/GCA.jpg

Muley Gil
10-11-2021, 10:48 PM
PJ, you left out an important sentence:

"DEFINITION OF ?FIREARM?:Any weapon (including a starter gun) which will expel a projectile by means of anexplosive or is designed or may be readily converted to do so. This includes the frameor receiver of any such weapon, any firearm muffler or silencer or any destructive device. A ?destructive device? includes any explosive, incendiary or poison gas --- (i)bomb; (ii)grenade or (iii) similar device, or any combination of parts designed or intended to beconverted into a destructive device, or from which a destructive device may be readilyassembled. Does not include black powder or antique type firearms. 18 USC ?921(3).

RaiderANV
10-12-2021, 12:32 AM
Correct Sir but that is Federal Law. Take Virginny for example. A straw with a spitball in it can be deemed a firearm if you hit someone say in the eye and cause damage. Blackpowder arms are firearms under Virginia State law. I googled and researched for a long time and only found a few cases where someone was prosecuted for "defarbing" a repro. They also had a zillion other charges and I reckon the DA was looking to pile everything they could on the cases. I never found a case where it was just a "defarbed" repro. Then again with zillions of gun cases it would be looking for needle in a haystack. Yet rest assured a "defarbed" repro firearm is illegal in most states as the makers marks7Ser.# were removed/obliterated regardless if they were relocated to under the barrel as those are not the original marks and they have no idea if they are fake to cover stolen guns.

Lou Lou Lou
10-12-2021, 07:12 AM
I'm waiting for the additional photos.

Eggman
10-12-2021, 07:37 AM
Here's a nice one of Big Steve manning the N-SSA booth at the NRA convention in Atlanta a few years ago.

JimW
10-12-2021, 07:43 AM
Please excuse my ignorance but why would scrapping the identification data off a reproduction musket make it more valuable and why would anyone willingly associate their name with such a process?

Maybe the owners find wrong stock finishes, wrong stock profiles, and a plethora of useless historically incorrect goofy Italian markings annoying.

Ron The Old Reb
10-12-2021, 08:14 AM
You know I liked it better when life was a lot simpler.:(